Chapter 27 - Divorce isn't an option

HIHIHIHI!

Hope you all are doing well :)

(You can skip the bold if you wanna get to the chapter heh)

I just got the second dose of my Pfizer vaccine on Sunday and thank goodness I haven't had any severe symptoms. I had chills but no fever for a few hours when I got my first dose, but the second dose I only had injection site soreness. 

(Disclaimer: SYMPTOMS VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON!)

Just wanted to share my opinion on it, I have no idea what the process is like in other countries. But for the US, California specifically, the process was fairly simple. The hardest part was getting a vaccine appointment. I got mine done at Levi's stadium and it took around 45 minutes tops. 

I think both Pfizer and Moderna are the most reliable vaccines as of now, but do your own research on what's available for you. 

I know J&J is having some issues right now with blood clots like AstraZeneca did, so it's understandable if you're skeptical. My cousin (she's 24 fyi) got the J&J one last week and she had cold like symptoms for a day and then she was fine. 

I hope this gives you a little more confidence in getting the vaccine. I was definitely skeptical at the start, but now I've done enough research myself to know that it's worth it.  

I hope you guys stay safe, let me know if you have any questions!

Aspen's POV

I prayed no one was in the restroom as I emptied my insides into the toilet. It sounded absolutely horrendous. 

My throat felt like it was on fire, but only a minute or two had passed since I ingested the drink. 

My hands were shaking as I leaned against the marble counter of the bathroom. Never in my life did I think I was stupid enough to voluntarily drink a poisoned beverage. 

Oh the things I do for that asshole. 

I glanced at the clock and figured now would be a good time to leave. I hoped Everest was done chatting with those cologne doused men that stank up the whole room. 

The barista was busy serving people by the time I walked out of the restrooms. 

My eyes scanned the room before settling on Everest who was already glancing in my direction. I made my way towards him as he excused himself from the group. 

"What happened?"

"We need to leave."

"When?" he asked in confusion, surprisingly not questioning me. 

"As soon as possible," I said. 

"Are you alright?" he asked, reaching up to wipe the corner of my eye. 

No doubt my eyeliner had been smudged by the instinctive tears that escaped while I was throwing up. 

As a child, I hated getting food poisoning or stomach sickness. The worst thing in life to me at that time was vomiting. 

It made me feel... gross

"Fine, just hurry please."

Everest nodded and quickly bid his goodbyes. 

I was already walking towards the car waiting for us outside when Everest fell into step beside me. 

I could feel his gaze on me every so often as we walked in silence.