𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥

Hello my munchkins! 

Here is the much anticipated chapter with a little insight into why Everest was acting so weirdly. 

Hopefully this chapter clears up a little bit of confusion everyone was feeling. 

PS: this is very unedited because I typed it on my phone on the train LOL. 

Third Person's POV

16 hours later, Aspen finally found herself on solid ground. 

It was odd. 

Very odd. 

American accents sounded so... boring.

The chatter grew louder as Aspen stepped off the plane into the Los Angeles Airport. Her phone had just connected to service and was now blowing up as a flood of texts came through. 

 She waited silently at the baggage claim, scrolling through the notification banners. 

One text caught her eye. 

Corndog: BA 269 clear?

She stared at her phone, squinting in confusion. 

BA 26- Oh! BA 269! My flight number 

Aspen: BA 269 is on the ground 😎

Corndog: Good

One could only guess who Corndog was. 

Totally not Connor, nope. Psh, who would come up with a stupid nickname like that. 

Her eyes scanned the terminal carefully, silently analyzing as she usually did. People waited impatiently, a man constantly tapping his foot as he glanced at his watch. A little girl sat on her hardcover suitcase, her pigtails bouncing as she rolled back and forth. 

After what felt like ages, her suitcases finally came into view along the belt. Quickly scooping it up, she hurried towards customs. It was a pain in the butt as usual but she made it through to the main terminal. Despite the heaviness in her chest, it was nice to be back in the sunny city of LA.

She waited patiently for a new round of taxis to come by, once again resuming her scanning of the airport. 

"What?" a woman blurted, her voice laced with annoyance. 

"I'm sorry but all British Airways flights have been cancelled. Their entire fleet is grounded," the man replied, a sympathetic look on his face. 

"That can't be right, how can they cancel all flights?"

"They're having some internal issues to sort out."

"What about another airline? Aer Lingus?" the woman demanded. 

"I can check for you," he said typing on the computer.

"Sorry ma'am, it looks like all flights into the Britain have been cancelled. You could try flying to Ireland and taking a train over to Britain and flying domestically if you really have to get there," the man suggested. 

Aspen's brows furrowed in thought. 

What was going on?

An entire fleet of airlines being grounded was unheard of. 

Why were the borders closing?

She rushed outside as soon as the first taxi came up to the curb. Hopping into the car, she told the driver her home address in South Pasadena.