𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 17 - 𝓬𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

Hello munchkins! 

I hope you guys like this chapter :)

I haven't gotten a chance to respond to any comments so sorry about that 🙈

Everest's POV

"Can somebody tell me what the hell that was?" Aspen fumed, pinning me with a glare. I pretended not to notice her, hoping she would look away. 

Jesus, my head's going to have a hole in it if she keeps pointing her lasers at me. 

"Prime Minister's been shot," Connor replied, strolling into the room. He dropped a file on my table and I knew this would be a never ending headache. 

"Where was he?" Aspen demanded, just as I opened my mouth to ask that very question. 

"In his home, I think the wife shot him," he shrugged casually. 

"Connor," I scolded, sending him a look. 

"What? Just stating my opinion," he defended, taking a bite of his apple. 

"Who else was in the house?" Aspen asked. 

"Details aren't solid yet, they're still rumors floating around so I can't say anything yet. 

"And that explains the crowd outside?"

"They're taking advantage of the chaos. They think he had something to do with it," Connor said, nodding at me. 

Aspen nodded in understanding, a thoughtful look crossing her face. 

"The Reece's are on their way to the Palace," Connor said quietly so that only I could hear. 

Fuck. 

"Redirect them to the Castle."

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Miss Beatrice insists. She wants to see you," he replied, wiggling his brows at me. 

Someone hand me an iron rod-

The buzzing of a phone caught my attention. Aspen's phone was blowing up, but she didn't seem to notice as she sat, deep in thought. Her long black hair fell to her waist, a stark contrast to the baby blue sweatshirt she was wearing. 

I was suddenly aware of the uncomfortable suit I was wearing and longed to change into something comfortable like Aspen. 

Her brows furrowed the slightest, a cute frown on her lips. 

Wait what?

"Aspen!"

"Hm?" she looked up at me. 

"Your phone."

"Oh," she mumbled, picking it up. 

I didn't care to eavesdrop on her conversation, but she was in the same room. 

"Yes, who am I speaking with?"

There was a pause as the person on the other line spoke. 

"Alright, fax it over for me please."

She turned around and caught my eye. 

Oh fuck, shit. 

"What?" she snapped, an irritated look on her face. 

"Nothing."

"Then why are you staring at me?"

"Because I'm trying to figure you out."

"Well, don't," she huffed. 

"Easier said than done," I muttered. 

"Miss Beatrice is here," Connor said quickly, popping his head in before rushing back out the door.