𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20 - 𝓔𝓰𝓰𝔂 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭

Hey y'all! It's ya gurrl Mia, back at it again. 

Before this chapter, I've been meaning to address something. 

As a person of color and as a person who grew up in a predominantly Asian community, it breaks my heart to see so many Asians become victims of senseless acts of hate. I'm sure you're all aware of the attacks that happened in Atlanta, Georgia last week and my heart goes out to all of the families affected by the tragedy. Hate has no place in our communities and we need to come together to fight against this disgusting and vile poison of racism and discrimination. 

Stand united with Asians and Pacific Islanders #AAPI - Please educated yourselves because it's the best way we can fight against hate and discrimination. 

My heart goes out to the victims of the Boulder, Colorado shooting as well. Gun control is one the simplest and most common sense ways to help prevent or reduce school shootings, church shootings, festival shootings, literally anything. 

It's been a hard time for all of us, but we need to keep pushing for what we believe in. 

Much love, 

Mia ❤

Aspen's POV

"Bitch," the girl muttered under her breath as she brushed past me, giving me a death glare. 

Corvette corvette, hop in a motherfu- hey, who she calling a bitch?

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse yourself," I huffed, giving her a look. 

"Heyyy Aspen! Want some eggy bread?" Connor asked, interrupting our stare off. 

"Huh? Do I want some what now?"

"Eggy bread," Connor repeated, as if it was the most appetizing thing on the planet. 

"What the fuck is that?"

He blinked. Once. Twice. A third time. 

"This," he held up a piece of bread in his hand. 

"You mean French toast?" I repeated incredulously. 

"For fucks sake, what is it with Americans and slapping French in front of everything?" he asked, throwing his hands up in the air. 

"Chips? Fries. French fries. Eggy bread? Toast. French toast."

"Whatever, gimme some," I rolled my eyes, pushing him out of the way to get to the kitchen. 

"Alright, alright, no need to run me over," he muttered, raising his arms in surrender. 

I was happily munching on my lovely french toast when there was a loud bang from upstairs. 

Things that go bump in the night... 

Moments later I realized that the things weren't really things. It was a single thing

A thing named Everest. 

"Why can't she fucking understand that I don't want to actually marry her? I swear I'm going to lose my mind if she comes near me again. I might just toss her out the window," he rambled, failing to notice me watching him in amusement. 

"Just make sure you check to see if the drops worth it," I spoke, taking a bite of my toast. 

"What?" he snapped, finally noticing me. 

"Make sure the drop from the windows high enough. The third floor window overlooking the garden is a great spot."

"And you know this how?" Connor asked, raising a brow in amusement.