𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14 - 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰

Hello munchies! 🥰🥰

Sorry for the very very late post heh. 

I went canoeing today after being holed up in my house for almost a whole year. Next weekend is going to mark an entire year of COVID protocol and restrictions in California and we're just starting to slowly reopen. It's honestly such a relief to be able to go out to restaurants and order food again and support local biz, especially because I've been missing my sushi and kababs 🤤. 

I hope everyone is safe and healthy :)

Happy Reading!

Everest's POV

"What in God's name happened to you?"

"That American's managed to drain his energy," the maid said, humor clear in her voice. 

"Finally, I was wondering if this guy was on steroids or something," Connor chuckled. 

"Would you shut up," I groaned, slumping onto my desk. 

"Of course not, then you wouldn't be able to hear my priceless advice," he replied, plopping into a chair across from me. 

I glared at him as he reached to grab the pen on my desk to fiddle with. 

"Don't touch that."

"Touch."

"Connor."

"Everest."

"Stop."

"Fine, gosh always so bossy," he rolled his eyes. 

"What do you want?" I sighed, already annoyed with his antics. 

"Ah, but that's the question. What does man want in life?"

"Sex," a voice said from the doorway. 

I jumped, my head snapping to look up.

"No everyone is savage and barbaric as you are," I grit out, narrowing my eyes at the man standing before me. 

"No, but everyone has their innate instincts," my father shrugged, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. 

"How the hell did you even get in here?" Connor groaned, an irritated expression crossing his face. 

"Just because I'm not King anymore doesn't mean you can kick me out of my own Palace," he spat, scowling at Connor. 

"Look, I said you could come. But you need to tell me when you are," I sighed, rubbing my forehead.  

He waved his hand in dismissal. 

"So, I've been hearing," he began and I stiffened, already knowing where this was going. 

"Glad to see your ears haven't failed you," I muttered. 

"Speak up boy! I can't understand you!"

"Nevermind," I said quickly, shaking my head. 

"I've heard you appointed an advisor," he said, his beady eyes watching me carefully. 

I squirmed under his gaze, nodding silently. 

"Why?"

"Because I felt like it," I shrugged. 

"But you already have me?"

"I figured it'd be nice to have multiple... perspectives on the situation."

"Well then, who might this lucky advisor be?"

"Oh just someone from the suburbs," I dismissed.