𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝐇𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐃𝐲𝐞

HIHIHIHIIIII!

Happy Tuesday/Wednesday!

I hope you all are doing well :)

The first few chapters may be boring, but bear with me. It'll get better, I promise.

Elizabeth's POV

"She's perfect for this," I smiled, handing a manila folder to Queen Anastasia.

"Is she now?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

I watched for a reaction as she read the file.

"How is she attentive wise?"

"Very alert, she's always aware of her surroundings."

"Is she smart?"

"From what I've seen she seems to be decent. I don't know much about her schooling," I replied.

"Manners?"

"A bit rusty unfortunately," I sighed.

"How so?"

"Well, she seems a bit brazen," I said carefully, "although all girls in our time are like that."

"Zoe is a prime example," she laughed, thinking of the loose-tongued princess.

"Very well, I would like to meet her," the Queen stated.

"Of course your highness," I replied, bowing my head.

"I hate when you do that," Anastasia sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I am your best friend after all, I only use it to mock you," I chuckled.

A knock at the door interrupted our conversation.

"Come in!" Anastasia called. The door swung open and Everest entered the office.

"Elizabeth," Everest nodded at me in acknowledgement.

"Hello Everest," I smiled.

"Did you want something?" Anastasia asked, giving her son a warning look as he tried to sit on her desk.

"I wanted to ask you," he began, walking to the window. "Will I be attending the charity Gala?"

Ever since he was young boy, Everest was confined to the palace boundaries. It was forbidden for him to leave the palace unless he asked permission from the King. Rightly so after numerous letters were sent to the palace threatening his life.

He doesn't remember anything about it. I felt bad for him, he didn't know why he was forced to stay in the palace at all times.

"Why? You've never wanted to before," Anastasia asked, a curious look on her face.

"Please! I've been stuck in here for years, I want to meet people and have friends," he said in frustration, his jaw ticking.

"You have Beatrice and James, don't you?"

"I do but," he sighed exasperatedly, "But they're not normal friends."

"Well, you're not a normal person Everest."

"Elizabeth, you know what I mean right?" he asked, turning to look at me.

"He does have a point," I sighed, "He's been in this palace for far too long. He turns 18 next month, he needs to know how to interact. I'm afraid he will be lost if he becomes King. He has no idea what the outside world is like."

Anastasia let out a long sigh.

"I was afraid this would happen," she said shaking her head. "Your father was too worried to let you into the public eye and it's had a negative impact on you."