•|• Chapter Fifty-Two

•|••|••|•

Jungkook took in a deep breath and before he could even let it out there was a knock on the door.

Sejin stood up on Jungkook's right and walked towards the door. His hand gripped the doorknob and turned it opening the door up. "Hello," Sejin said, his head performing a small bow. "Come in." Sejin stepped to the side, and Jungkook's heartbeat sped up.

He looked at the door, waiting for two figures to walk through. First walked in his mom. She looked the same way she did 8 years ago, maybe a few more grey hairs. His father was right behind her and he did look the exact same as 8 years ago. Nothing really changed in their appearances. He just hoped that maybe the way they thought would've.

He glanced back at his mother and made eye contact with her. She still had the same big doe eyes that he got from her. He quickly looked away fixing his eyes on the table he was sitting at. His parents sat down in front of him at the table. He could feel their eyes on him, but he couldn't bring himself to look up.

He heard the door to the room close meaning Sejin had left, but Jungkook knew he would be too far down the hallway if any at all. Jungkook's heart was still beating pretty fast and he was a little worried that they might be able to hear it.

Many scenarios went through his head of how this could go and only one of them was good. He just hoped that they would be nice, support him, love him, maybe go back to before he was told he would be running the family business. That's all he wants, his parent's love and support.

"Jungkook-ssi," Minseo (His mother) started. "How are you?" He could tell she was trying to make small talk. Maybe it was to comfort him before talking about everything else, but it didn't make him any less nervous.

"Good, what about you?" he asked, not wanting to seem rude by not asking back.

"Nervous, anxious, scared," she laughed trying to lighten the mood. Jungkook didn't blame her, he too was all of those things.

Silence settled upon them again, none of them knowing what to say. "I saw you won four Daesangs at last year's award ceremony. Do you have a shelf for them in your apartment?" she asked.

"I do in my studio. I keep most of my most important awards there or one's that have the most meaning. For example, the first award I ever got and the first Daesang I got. I do have the four from last year there too because I have been the only artist to get all of them at once. I thought it was pretty memorable," Jungkook spoke. He didn't normally like to speak about his awards since he didn't want to brag, but she was the one who asked about them.

"Are you proud of yourself?" she asked. She was really trying.

Jungkook nodded. He never really thought about it, but yeah he was. "Well considering I came from a small company and am now one of the most famous people on the planet, it should be something to be proud of. But I'm most proud of myself for following my dreams."

"I'm sorry Jungkook-ah," she said. Jungkook could hear the hurt in her voice. She sounded almost ready to cry. His eyes were still fixed on the table, he still couldn't look at them and it didn't help that his father hadn't spoken a word yet. "I should've never pushed you to work at the family business."

"How is the business?" he asked.

"Good, your father found someone to take his place and they have been doing a pretty good job. He gets to be home more often so I shouldn't be too upset about it."

"That's good," he nodded. It was still definitely a little awkward.

"Listen Jungkook-ah, I just want to apologize. I'm sorry. I know you probably won't just forgive me, but I had to try. I couldn't live the rest of my life knowing that I didn't even try to apologize to you," she said. "I'm really sorry. I'm sorry I didn't believe in you. I'm sorry I didn't support you. I'm sorry I tried to push you in the wrong direction. I'm sorry for everything. But I never stopped loving you. I hope you can forgive me. Even if it's not now or next week or even next year. I just hope eventually you can."