•|• Chapter Seventy

•|••|••|•

-5 Days Later-

"And bringing home his third Grammy tonight is... Jeon Jungkook."

-Earlier That Day-

The sun shone through the curtain hanging above the window. He rolled over his alarm blaring through the room. Today was the day. He was performing at the Grammy's today. He clicked stop on his alarm, returning his phone to its normal lock screen, which was a picture of his and the others.

They had taken a picture when they were out to eat one day and it had been Jungkook's lock screen ever since. It had been a few days before they left for America when they all went out to eat. It was the last time they would be together for a while until they got back from America.

Jungkook

Good morning, Hyung.

Jin

Hey, Kookie-ah, why are you up so early? It's only 6 there.

Jungkook

We have to be at the arena by 10 to do last-minute preparations.

Jin

Good luck tonight. We all got back to your apartment last night. We are all going to be watching tonight. Are you nervous?

Jungkook

Can I call you?

Jin

Yeah.

Jungkook clicked the call button on the screen and put the phone on speaker leaving it lying on the bed.

"Hey Kookie," Jin said, his voice still soft. Jungkook's stomach stirred at the name. Jin had just recently started calling him that and who was Jungkook to deny him that. Besides, it made him happy that he had a nickname from his eldest Hyung. "Are you nervous for today?"

"Mhm," Jungkook hummed. He was scared. He didn't want to disappoint all his fans. Everyone was expecting a lot from him and he didn't know if what he had prepared was enough for their expectations.

"It's okay," Jin comforted him. "I know you'll do well. You did last year and now this year you have more songs to perform. More of a chance to win the rest of America over."

"More of a chance to disappoint all my fans," Jungkook mumbled.

"What did you say?" Jin asked, not having heard him clearly. He heard a few words in between that he could form what Jungkook said, but he wasn't for sure.

"Nothing. It's fine Hyung," Jungkook smiled not knowing if he was trying to convince himself or Jin.

There was a knock on Jungkook's door, making his head dart over to it.

"Hold on a second Hyung. Someone's at my door." Jungkook stood up from the bed and walked over to the door. He opened it up and there was Jimin.

"Hey Jiminie," Jungkook said.

"Are you okay? I can hear you talking through the wall." Jimin asked. He was sharing a wall with Jungkook and the walls weren't exactly thick.

"Yeah, just Jin-Hyung. You can come in if you want."

Jimin stepped inside following Jungkook back over to his bed. "Hyung," Jungkook said out loud. "It's Jimin-ah."

"Hey, Jimin-ah, how are you?" Jin asked over the phone.

"Good Hyung, how are you?" Jimin asked back, sitting down on the bed. Jungkook was leaning against the headboard, the phone set down to the side of him. Jimin scooted up next to him and rested his head on the younger's chest. Jungkook hand immediately came up to rest on top of his head twirling the older's hair around his fingers.