7

My eyes shoot open looking to my right. The boy's green eyes lay directly on mine as he watches what he just had unfold. I suck up a hard breath in panic. I try to stand but my knees buckle and I fall back down on the wall.

Whipping my eyes I look back and forth from the boy to the mess I made. My breaths start to quicken not knowing what to do.

He just saw everything. He heard everything. Oh nonono.

Slapping my palm onto my mouth my body shoots up in complete panic nearly going into shock.

We're both staring at each other not knowing what to do. His eyes fill with curiosity and worry. Almost like he understands? no thats stupid.

Why isn't he in school? Why is he here? Backing up my foot trips over a can and my body falls on to the stones. I feel the tip of a sharp stone cut the skin over my leggings. "Ouch." I whimper holding my leg to soothe it.

The boy watching everything, begins to make his way over to me. "Jeez, Violet."

My body stands from his movement and panic rips through my veins. With each step he makes my eyes widen. Words are not coming out of my dry throat. My hands grip on my sweater standing paralyzed.

Finally my voice kicks in and I take a giant step back. "Stop it. I... s-stop." I mumble sounds of panic.

"Please stop." I hold my hand out in front of me. "Stop trying to help." I scrunch my eyes beginning to panic.

The boy immediately stops and scans my features. I can't read his facial expressions now. He looks conflicted.

I'm so overwhelmed. I dont know what to do.

You shouldn't even be looking at me just run away. Please.

Standing in front of each other a little while longer I try to contain my breakdown. Green eyes doesn't say anything. He just continues to look at me with an unreadable stare that makes the hairs on my arms stand.

Realization kicks in once more and my hands make their way to my head again. What if he tells everyone what he saw?

"P-Please." I take a breath. "Y-You, you can't tell anyone what you just saw." I practically beg almost dropping down to my knees. "D-Dont tell anyone. Please." A single tear falls.

"Why would I?" He tries to speak again but I cut him off.

"Please dont tell everyone..."  I shake my head, "oh god, you're going to tell everyone." The speed of my breathing picks up and my body shakes. I stutter when I'm scared and my inability to breathe helps.

I'm just so embarrassed and scared.

"Hey, hey." He holds his hands out in front of him. My head shakes and his stare makes my thoughts go quiet for a moment.

"I swear, I'm not going to tell anyone, okay. I wasn't going to." He states without hesitation.

I sniff back more tears. "How much did you see?" I whisper but more tears fall. I try hold them back and wipe the evidence away. I must look completely pathetic.

He huffs and gives me a small awkward smile, "um the whole thing."

My heart drops and more panic takes over me. "What?"

"Did you wanna-" he begins

"No," I say harshly looking down at the ground. He wants to talk? "Shouldn't y-you be in school?"

He tries to find my eyes but I squeeze them shut and look at the ground, waiting for the answer.

"It's lunch right now and I don't feel like sitting with those people."