30

Violet Chattin

Opening my eyes, Harry and I lay intertwined on my bed. His hands lace behind my back as my own arms wrap around his neck.

I try not to move a single muscle. I don't want to wake him and I grow anxious waiting for his response about last night.

Letting my head remain pressed into the space between his neck and my pillow, I take a deep breath which sends an ache through my lungs which I swallow down.

My body pressed into his sends a warmth throughout my body that goes past body temperature.

Knowing what Harry saw last night scares me. He's seen one of the greater things I kept hidden but he didn't run. He stayed.

No one has ever stayed.

I feel like I should be scared or running away myself but I think what I've learned most about Harry and I from the start is that we keep surprising each other.

I really am out of my mind.

I told him a couple things last night that I knew shouldn't have slipped but It's all become too much. Someone was bound to see eventually. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

His hands brush my back lightly which makes goosebumps crawl over my skin. Nudging my face into his cheek, the tips of my fingers twirl the bottom of his hair in my hands. Taking a breath my chest aches and I whimper quietly, still not wanting him to wake up.

I've hugged Abby before but it was nothing like this. It was more of a forced comforting hug. This time I feel the want to be here. I feel safe.

As my fingers continue to twirl his brown hair in my fingers, Harrys hands lace around my back completely which causes my body to flinch a tiny bit but I melt back into his arms quickly.

"Ive been awake for a while, you're not waking me up." His morning voice speaks softly in my ears. His deep British accents echos through the tiny room.

"What time is it?" I try to speak normally but I just sound broken.

"Midday." Nodding weakly, I don't care that I'm missing class. "Someone was knocking on the door though, she seemed pretty pissed."

I groan, my hands on my face and he hugs me closer but I pull away.

"Shit..." Quickly sitting up I untangle myself from Harry and climb over him. Reaching for my dresser I grab my phone.

Harry turns on his side to watch me, his face squished into my pillow. His hair all messy as his eyes roam over my body.

Unlocking my phone I see thousands of very angry messages from Abby. With wide eyes I decide not to read them. She has a pretty big personality which I would like to go without this morning.

Wiping the dried tears away, I cough weakly into my arm and god did it hurt. Harrys fingers draw circles on the top of my thighs that spread goosebumps across my body.

Texting a quick apology and 'I'll be at school by the end of lunch'. I place my phone back on the table rolling over back on the bed.

I'm met with those pair of green eyes that have come to be my most favorable thing. Laying back down so we were face to face, neither of us speak. We just roam our eyes over each other analyzing every detail there is to see over the covers.

I feel a sudden tug on my hips under the blanket and Harry pulls me closer to him in one swift move which I follow through comfortably. His hand touches softly over top of mine and his thumb brushes over my knuckles.

"You stayed." I state silently looking down at the space between us.

"Of course I stayed. You thought I was going to leave?"