82

Trigger warning- Drowning and feelings of intense panic.

Waking up with a gasp my body goes numb when I'm back in my childhood bedroom. I internally panic as everything stills.

This has to be a dream... I tell myself over and over again as I shut my eyes. It can't be true, it just can't.

It's the same dream that's played in my mind for years except I'm nineteen in place of when I was younger. Looking down at my bedroom sheets, my teddy bear is tied to my arms and I squeeze it in so much terror of what's next to come.

Hiding under my covers as I squeeze it, my eyes shut as I try to keep my breaths to a minimum so they won't hear me.

Everything just comes flooding back and my safety senses kick in like a reflex.

I hold my breath. I hold my breath so tight in hope I disappear but when I hear her scream I exhale knowing its never worked. A low rumbled agonized breath of betrail and hurt leaves her lips as she yells my name from the other room. "Violetttttttttt." My mother taunts and my back straightens.

I wanna freak out, have a panic attack and cry but I can't. Everything in my body is on the timeline of this dream and I can't go anywhere which makes my shoulders tense.

"Violet, come here." My mother grumbles as she starts to bang against the wall. The thuds go in intervals of a second.

Bang- Bang- Bang- Bang-

My breaths hitch in my throat as the eerie sound of her nails screech a thin line on the wall and I begin to cover my ears withholding a scream but this isn't in my control, it's my dream's control. I give anything to stay in this bed but I can't. Begging my old self to help me, she's long gone and suddenly I'm pulling the sheets off myself.

The cold air of this big room hits my skin and I shiver as goosebumps crawl all over.

"Violettttttttt." The sound ruptures her lips again and it's loud enough to be heard from down the hall.

As my eyes widen and my back arches, I stand up from the bed letting my socked feet hit the wooden floor. With my bear in my hold, I shakingly place it on the bed in return of my body. Shaking so maliciously, I can't stop but it's like a wave is pushing me under the current and I'm trapped. I'm simply trapped.

Opening the door of my room, I'm exposed to the long hallway of this big cold house. It's a cold feeling that I will never be able to forget.

As my foot places one in front of the other, the floor creaks from below. Hugging myself in my pyjama pants and baggy sweater, I follow the taunting sound of her voice until I'm standing in front of the blue door.

As my body stands opposite of the dark blue wood she begins to taps and the simple movement grows louder from my close presence.

Raising my hands to grip the black doorknob my hands shake so quickly that I'm not sure if I can turn the knob.

"Violet please, I need help." She rasps in a scary noise. 

As terror and fear pierce every inch of my skin, I try to cry and panic but nothing comes out. Nothing at all.

Stuck inside a body I know nothing about the door creeks open exposing the darkness and suddenly a wave-like wind pushes me through the door. Falling inside, I gasp as I land on my hands and knees in the completely dark room.

Looking back to the door I try to crawl back but it shuts, leaving me breathless and terrified. Another wave knocks me onto my stomach to the floor and I just hold my hands to my ears rocking myself as I cry out, hoping to be woken up soon.