25

"Hold on tight."

My hands travel under his arms looping around his shoulders gripping for dear life. "Harry I swear if you kill us-"

Before I can even finish my statement Harry takes off, cutting off all traffic and dodging cars on the street. This boy really is trying to kill me. "Harry, oh my God." I inhale quickly, shutting my eyes as I press myself tight to him

"Want me to go faster, love?" I shake my head on his back only to remember I don't have a helmet on.

Perfect. I'm going to die at nineteen. Cause of death: head being crushed on the concrete.

"Where are we going?"

"Honestly no idea." Shouting over the wind he laughs. "Just gonna drive until I get one... We're gonna be on here for a while, darling. Perfect opportunity to get comfortable." I feel his hand wrap around my leg, pulling me closer.

Shifting the bike unexpectedly I yelp as the bike tips lower. My grip tightens around him and my whole body leans on his like my lifeline. I can hear Harry's laugh and I want to punch him so bad.

"Asshole," I shout.

Shifting, Harry now speeds off on the freeway incling the speed at about sixty notches. We go over a hundred and I gasp. The wind now blows back my hair and clothing, rapidly as if it's trying to blow me off the bike.

"You ready?"

"Ready for what?" I shout just as equally.

Just like that, Harry drives in between cars faster than before. His bike leans down as he turns and if I let go of him, my hand could touch the ground. There's no point in screaming because there is no possible air left in my lungs. The feeling in my stomach is trying to crawl it's way out and I can feel my heart in my throat.

Straightening out the bike he takes a quick exit where trees now surround us and I let in a loud inhale.

Were on a one way road going east into the country. There's no cars on the road and it's just us and the wind. The feeling in my stomach turns into an ache for thrill. How did that happen?

Slowing down his bike to a standable pace I dig out my head from his back and rest it on his shoulder and let out a laugh. A real life laugh that makes me feel on top of the world.

"You were right."

Turning his head slightly, his cheek now angled closer to my lips he asks, "Right about what."

"What you said about thrill. It's terrifying but oddly freeing."

"I knew it." He screams proudly through the wind and I dig my head into his shoulder still laughing. I can't stop the smile on my lips. It's one of those smiles that physically hurt.

"Stand up." He pats my leg and I cock my eyebrow.

"Stand up?" I laugh from his sarcasm, placing my cheek against his.

"Darling, I'm not joking. stand up, you're already off your seat."

"One step at a time here!"

Still smiling I replace my hands from under Harry's arms to over his neck, hugging him from behind.

"Look at you with no helmet. My lil daredevil, eh." Harry's head nudges my own.

"Don't think daredevil and my name mix." Mumbling weakly in his sweater his skin is so warm. I'm usually the one hiding in the corner. "I'm sure my highs gonna run low soon."

"Let's make it last then." Harry speeds up once again and were flying through the wind. The feeling grows once more in my stomach but this times it's only excitement. I giggle into his neck before I remove my head to look at the road. Were surrounded by nothing but trees and farm fields.