49*

--

--

Walking down the Casino we head in the opposite direction we came. Harry and I stay at the back of the boys as we walk. With our hands intertwined I fiddle with the black chip in my hands.

"What is this?" I look to the boy whose eyes are already locked on mine.

"Protection. A symbol you're with us. Gives you respect and basically says you're not a spy or police member." He squeezes my hand, "Also a key to any hidden hangout in the country." I analyze his words as I look at the king's crown.

"But why a king?" I place it back in my chest.

"Symbol for our mafia. Shows that were on top." Like that eases my stomach, thank you.

"Remind me to stay on your good side," I whisper to myself as we walk behind a curtain. Pushing the thick plastic away were presented in a dark hallway.

I squeeze his hand a little harder as my senses go blind and he nudges my body closer to him. "It's okay, baby, we're almost out. Just a secret place is all." His warm breath hits my ear and I lean into him.

Our shoes echo down to the ground as we walk in a fast pace. I jump when a flickering light beams on with a snap but darkness takes over once more.

With our interlocked fingers I brush my tips over his rings twirling them.

The dark makes me uncomfortable. Things hide in the darkness and pop out when you're least expecting it.

"Gentlemen." August claps his hands excitedly and a small light of the moon glows enough for visibility. Reaching the end of the hall there's a large hole that points out to the city.

"Welcome to Icarus Falls. The number one hidden Street Racing organization in Atlanta."

The boys snicker annoyingly not caring for the speech but I grow curious.

One by one they stumble to the end of the hall that opens to the outside and start jumping down...

"Don't tell me I have to jump?" I weakly look up.

He doesn't respond as he tugs me to the hole. It looks out to the run-down side of Atlanta. Cars and heaps of people huddle in the distance. Neon lights paint the spray painted building. Looking down it's a very far drop to the gravel of the ground.

"Oh my god." I stumble back. It's higher than the drop from the gate. "You're going to make me break a bone one day," I mutter knowing damn right that it could be right now. Were the only two people left up here and the calls from the boys yell out to us.

"Niall will catch you come on." He smiles in recognition and I swallow.

"Can you go first? To catch me." My eyes stare completely into his.

His body tenses in worry. "I have to make sure you get down safely."

I look down the hall we're in and squeeze his hand. "There's no one here, please," I beg knowing that if he's catching me it'll be alright. I trust him.