17

Waking up on my cold bathroom floor I grip my bear even harder when the realization of morning comes. Crusted tears lay under my eyes and crumple off my skin.

Standing up from the cold floor my head pounds and it takes a  minute for the room to stop spinning. It reeks of death in this room.

Last night came in flickers. From dancing, being assaulted, to throwing all night long. I swallow back an awful taste down my scratchy throat. Yesterday I felt so free but just like anything in my life that comes close with that feeling it comes to a tragic end.

My nightmares came in a full-throttle last night. It was so much worse than normal, passing out from not being able to breathe. The sounds of screaming woke me up instantly and I was crying for silence. The screams were louder than ever before and I just had to lie there and take it.

No matter how hard I yell at the world to stop, it keeps spinning.

Walking like a zombie to my bedroom I throw on a sweater and place my bear on the bed. I'm not sure how my bear made it to the bathroom with me. If anything I guess Abbys left it before she took off. Groaning in pain I slowly walk out to the living room.

Slumping on the couch I look at the clock which reads twelve. I leave here for work around five so I have four and a half hours to sober up. Just great. I push my head into my hands groaning. I can't call in sick either. I need the money.

Leaning over the couch I practically crawl to the kitchen on all fours, grabbing two advils and a bottle of water. All my blinds are closed but I can still feel a blinding light shining in my eye. Squeezing them shut I walk blindly back to the couch

Falling face first onto the cushions, I grab a blanket and wrap myself up like a burrito, passing out under the darkness of warmth.

Three advils and six bottles of water later I throw myself into the shower and put on way too much concealer, covering up all that needs no explanation.

Getting off the bus I rush into the bar which is hidden between two building. Taking the back way in I'm hit with fog and red mist, trying to pass through the sweaty body's all up on each other. Slow beats play through the space and everyone's grinding passes by in slow motion.

Meeting with sober civilization I say my hellos and repeat my "I'm good thank you."

Breathing in I have to remind myself that waitresses have to be happy. It's all an award-winning performance.

My uniform is a short black tennis skirt paired with a matching oversized t-shirt. Others wear tight tops but I asked if I could keep it conservative as I wasn't that comfortable.

It's quite cute.

I switch to different coloured converse every night as well. It gives me something to look forward to. Tonight I have green ones on.

The restaurant... well club is called, "Phils". An ages seventeen and up hidden bar, restaurant and dance club. I only say dance because it's really not considered stripping but it's definitely sexy.

And I only say restaurant because we have to keep it on the low.

Trust me when I say this place Is hidden for a reason.

Lots of Illegal shit goes on under the building but I'm only exposed to the above bar and restaurant. The basements however is hidden to the public. Only certain people have a key to get down there. I questioned it to my co-workers once and they shut me up quickly.

Phil reassured me that as long as I'm not involved in the basement my name is cleared from illegal activity.

I haven't questioned the basement like I used to anymore. I sometimes catch glimpses of guys dressed in black with sunglasses on and as well see girls in little to no clothing prance down there.