68

Carrying me to the door from the elevator I cling to his neck sniffing back my cries.

Harry's arms wrap around me, brushing his hand back and forth on my shaking body. My head pounds and the pain is starting to shoot through me. My arms are scraped and my hands have deep gashes from the glass. 

There's no burns on my body from not touching the fire but my lungs feel crushed and you can hear it in my breaths.

Harry and Niall are fine. Just some bruises and a couple of cuts. Their airbags went off just in time to catch them. 

That car can take a lot, Niall said it was designed for chases.

Each time I cough Harry's hands wrap around me tighter, pressing kisses to my neck. 

"Harry, I'm fine." I rasp, trying to undo my hands but he pushes me against him.

"No, you're not."

Letting my eyes feather close on his shoulder his hand turns on the doorknob shouting in panic, "Liam!"

He walks into the room, sitting me against the kitchen table where the coldness of the counter hits my skin and I clutch onto Harry's shirt. Stepping in between my legs, his hands hold my cheeks as he looks over his shoulder.

"Fuck man, what happened?" Liam runs over to my side, raking his eyes over every inch of my face. "I'll be right back." Taking out the door, the room is completely silent and I hadn't realized Zayn and Louis were by my side.

"What happened?" Zayn demands in a chilling tone. He looks at Harry but his eyes only stay on mine pressing his thumb up and down my skin as I try not to shut my eyes from how tired I am.

"It was the same car at the gas station." Niall turns his head around. "They followed crashing into us. We were barely conscious to even realize they took Violet out of the car. When we finally got to her the car they took her in crashed into the side of the road, hitting a wall of rock. The whole thing was on fire and she was stuck in the trunk." Niall whispers to Zayn and Louis who are surrounding me. 

Watching Harry's face go angry I shut my eyes tighter from the breathless attention.

I hate this type of attention. 

"Fuck. You're bleeding bad, I'll go get a cloth." Louis says before taking off. 

Zayn places his hand on my shoulder squeezing once.

"We're going to find them. Don't worry Violet." Opening my eyes to Zayn, his eyes are hard on mine. Swallowing down tears he squeezes my shoulder once again before taking off. 

I dont deserve any of them. 

When my eyes open the bright lights from the room causes them to close again in complete dizziness

Bringing my hand to the headband I rest it over the material pressing gentle pressure. "My head hurts." I whimper as he brushes the knuckle of his finger under my red eyes.

"I know, baby, I'm sorry." He whispers as a small tear flows down my face that he immediately frowns too, wiping it away.

"I was so scared." I scrunch my face letting a small silent cry escape my throat. "I didn't think anyone was coming for me."

"No c'mere." He pulls me to his chest and I immediately wrap my hands around him. "Of course, I came for you. I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to you." He kisses my cheek. "Always me before you. My death and my sacrifice before you. Always you first till the end."

Gripping onto the bottom of his shirt I brush it quickly between my fingertips fidgeting. "Don't say that." Is all I stutter and he pulls away cupping my cheeks.