92

Trigger warning- heavy violence (possible triggering conversations) and blood

Here we go!

Harry Styles

It's been one week since they hurt my Violet.

For the first four days, she would wake up screaming in the middle of the night. Bolting upwards with her hands over her ears screaming in complete terror. Grabbing her by the waist, I pressed her to my chest where I hugged her so tight. Crying into my chest I leaned us back down, cradling her to my side. My finger roamed her cheek as she would cry and it broke my heart beyond words could explain.

Each night, waking up and screaming when I managed to calm her down by muttering calming words and gentle kisses, she said how in her dreams she was back in that basement. Michael was punching her and she just couldn't move, paralyzed, feeling every force until she spasmed awake. She muttered how she just couldn't live in a world with him anymore.

Violet stayed pinned to my body those four days. If I let go or tried to put space between us she would freak out and start to panic. Closing the space and bringing her to my chest she would just start to shake.

She was scared that within that space someone would come and take her away again. Terrified of being separated, her grip was tight like she promised herself it wouldn't happen again. Holding her, no madder how close to my body she was I could feel the fear still radiating her body.

I cleaned her wounds and bandages every day, they started to scar which meant they were getting better but the bruises were only getting worse. Her gunshot was a little bruised and agitated from the contact of the bat. It even bleed but I just bandaged it up, not wanting to give her anymore fear. As long as she didn't bang it against something It would heal okay.  She just needed time.

On the second day, she started to throw up and that happened until the end of the fourth. Holding back her hair as she cried it broke me to pieces. I would rub her back but that action made her stiffen. Once she was done we laid on the floor with her straddling my lap as she cried.

On the fifth day, I noticed her shoulders lighten. She was still wrapped around me but she wouldn't freak out if there was space between us. Like if I reached for the remote or walked to the closest to grab a sweater she was alright.

The boys wanted to come over during those four days but I couldn't bring myself to say yes. Even in Niall's arms when we rescued her, she stiffened and cried not able to withstand the touch. I know that if they did come over, Violet would feel worse because she would end up panicking and make them feel sad.

On the sixth day, she started to talk to me. Other than short sentences that broke my heart it seemed she got herself back. Talking about the little things she found fascinating and forcing me to watch her stupid movies put a smile on my face. I got to kiss her real good and for the first time she laughed and I wanted to hear it for the rest of my life.

"When am I getting my cat?" She bites on her cheek with a slight grin. With my arm around her shoulder, I pull her closer and kiss her cheek, whispering, "Soon. Got a name yet?"

"Oh yeah."

Emphasizing with energetic wide eyes I tilt my head, "well aren't you going to tell me? I'm dying to know."

"Nope."

Niall and Zayn kept going back to check that Michael and Peter were both there. I wanted to kill them right away but I couldn't leave Violet. Seeing her scream in the middle of the night from what he did to her almost made me just pull the plug and tell Niall to do it for me but I had to do it myself.