22

Sitting up from the grass I look back to the door in worry because I'm supposed to be working. Philip is probably looking for me apprehensively. "Don't worry Darling. You've probably been here since six and it's past midnight. Call it your break."

I nod weakly, trying to convince myself that as well.

Removing my hand completely from Harry's I bite on my nails in an anxious force of habit. I never realize I'm doing so, until I feel the nail between my teeth. Resting my finger on my lips I move them back and forth instead.

"it doesn't work that way though." I definitely shouldn't be out here right now but I had no other choice. I just needed air and I hope Philip understands. I'm not ready to go back in yet. I need a moment.

"Just stay out here for a little while longer. You can go back in there soon." Harry speaks softly trying to calm down my jitters. He's now sitting up right as well, placed directly in front of me. His long hair blows back in the wind, revealing his frame clearly.

"But what if-" I know i'm making excuses but i'm generally worried. I have to go back in soon, I know that.

"You've already been out here for a while Vi, a couple more minutes wont do anything." Did he just call me Vi? Lifting my head in the wind the word rushes to my head. I like the sound of it coming from his mouth. His english accent sharp to the touch.

Inhaling I silently nod my head. Harry has a point and I have taken long breaks like this in the past to clear my head. It's nothing new so i'm sure Philip wont mind. He's probably already guessed what happened. He gives me my space during these times and I'm grateful he's so understanding.

"Okay. Just a couple more minutes." I wipe my nose with my sleeve placing my hands in my lap sitting cross legged. 

"What about Niall and Louis?" they're probably worried, he just kinda disappeared.

Harry brushes his hair back, combing his locks into a low bun from the intense wind. With the hair tie in his mouth he just mumbles, "their fine in there. They won't worry." 

Harry knows his friends better than I do so I just leave it. "Okay."

Brushing my hands over my arms I shiver a little from the cold. We're just looking at each other now unresponsive. Just sitting in each other's company.

Whoever said silence is uncomfortable wasn't sitting with the right person. It's comforting to not have to feel the pressure of speaking. Just sitting here with the cool wind breezing past us has me feeling the most content I ever had. It feels liberating from the moment we just endured to just remain silent.

"Harry, can I ask you a question." Since we're being honest with each other now I wanted to ask him a pondering question. 

"Anything."

"You have tattoos." He simply grins. 

"Nice observation." Tilting my head back I groan. 

My knees pull up to my chest and I hug them for warmth. "Shut up smartass." I roll my eyes. "I just mean why did you get them. is it the same reason as your lip piercing." Since peaking down his shirt in the halls I have wanted to know why. I mean it's just not typical for a senior in high school to be covered in them.

Harry's body stiffens but loosen as the seconds go by. His hands lift from behind him, placing his two hands on the top of his buttoned shirt as he starts to unbutton from the top. 

"Oh, you don't have to if you're not-"

"M'not stripping darling just showing you a tattoo. you shared something so it's only fair." Nodding I watch in observation as Harry gets to the final button, opening his shirt wide revealing his skin.