A Lifetime Together (Harry Potter/Reader)

Author's Note: It's about time we get some more Harry Potter in this book. I'm so sorry for the long wait. I explained my absence in the last update if you didn't know about it. This request is from JulzLovDraco4Eva

I hope you enjoy and once again; I apologize for the long wait

I hope you enjoy and once again; I apologize for the long wait. I never expected or intended on everyone's requests taking this long.

Memories/flashbacks in this are all in italics.

___________________________________________

The sound of war filled the surrounding air. The cracks of spells shooting through the air at their targets. The sound of flying rubble and the foundation of Hogwarts chipping away. Screams.

I couldn't do this. There was no way I could do this.

I had already had a near fatal run in with Bellatrix Lestrange. Luckily I had escaped with only some gashes on my face and the stinging sensation from the Cruciatus curse. Now I found myself hiding from it all.

I wasn't sure if I was in shock, scared, or both. I sat alone amongst rubble in the prefects bathroom on the stone floor. My back leaned against the bathtub and my legs were pulled to my chest. Tears ran down my face I as a mix of emotions washed over me.

I was so scared. At its core, this battle was about Harry. We were fighting to protect him and the wizarding world. But the thought of losing him flooded through my mind. I didn't know what I'd do if I lost him.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked. He sat at the fire by himself in the living room. It was a little past 3 AM. I stood at the edge of the steps and watched him from afar. The creaks of the Burrow settling and the wind gusting through the grass outside filled air with a familiar sound of comfort.

It felt odd being at the Weasley's home during this time of the year. Normally we'd be preparing to go back to school by now but there was no way we were going back there at the moment. It would be too dangerous for Harry to be there.

"I have to leave, (Y/N)," he said.

"Leave?" I questioned.

I walked over to him quietly, trying to not make a lot of noise. I sat by him on the couch and looked over his face. He stared at the fire, watching the glowing red embers rise into the chimney.

"I have to find these horcruxes. It's the only way that...I can beat him," he said, glancing over at me.

"I understand that. But you can't possibly do it alone," I said.

"I'm not. I'll take Ron," he replied.

"What about Hermione? And myself?" I asked.