Baby Names (Ethan Slater/Reader)

Requested by @cringeworthyalways

I'm sorry if it's too short or if you don't enjoy it but I hope you like it! Thank you for requesting.

_______________________________________________________________________________

     "What are you reading?" I heard Ethan's voice and looked up. "What?" I asked, not sure if I heard what he said. "What are you reading?" he repeated, walking into the living room and sitting by me on the couch. "Looking at baby names." I said, showing him the cover of the book. "Baby names?" he asked. Ethan ran his fingers through his red hair and looked at me with questioning eyes. "Yeah. I think...that I might be ready." I mumbled, looking down at the page I was on. "I thought that you didn't want kids yet." He said. I looked up at him. "Ethan, I'm ready to have kids. I know that you've been ready. You just wanted to make sure I was ready for that stage in life. And now I think I'm ready." I said, closing the book. "I think we should open that bottle of wine you have stored away." Ethan said chuckling. "(Y/N), you always shock me. And that's why I love you." He leaned forward and kissed me gently. He got up and went into the kitchen.

3 Weeks Later

     "I'm home." I called out as I walked into the house. "In here." Ethan said from in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen. Ethan sat at the counter, reading over his script for the SpongeBob musical. "Hey, where have you been?" he asked as I put my purse and keys onto the counter. "I went to the doctor. Got some checkups done." I said, walking over to the refrigerator. "Okay. Just wondering." He put his script down and looked up at me. "So what do you want for dinner? It's my turn to cook." He said. I closed the door to the fridge. I walked back over to the island counter, sitting across from him.

     "I think...that I could go for Chinese food tonight." I said quietly. "Chinese food? You don't like Chinese food." He said, looking slightly confused. "You're right. But the baby might like it." I said smiling. "Baby? You're pregnant!" Ethan was smiling ear to ear. "Yeah. You're going to be a father Ethan!" I said laughing. He got up from his seat and hugged me. "I can't believe this. We're going to be parents." He whispered in disbelief. "I love you so much, (Y/N)." he said. I pulled away from the hug and put my hands on either side of his face. "I love you too." I kissed him lightly on the lips. "I wonder what our child is going to think when they find out that their father is SpongeBob SquarePants." I said laughing. Ethan laughed and kissed me once again. Now we just have to figure out what the name is going to be.