Somebody To Love (Steve Harrington/Reader)

Author's Note: I wrote this at 2:00 a.m. So if it's bad it's because I was sleep deprived.

This is in third person. And I wrote the reader as a feminine person but it can easily be read as gender neutral

Fandom: Stranger Things
__________________________________________________________________

Steve Harrington walked down the hallways of his highschool. Today was the day he'd ask her. He'd been nervous the night before. Most people who knew Steve would've never believed that. But he was. He was genuinely nervous. Today was the day he asked (Y/N) out.

He'd see her everyday in the hallways. She didn't dress skimpy like Carol or dress innocent like Nancy. She definitely didn't dress like Barb. Barb dressed like Steve's mother. No, (Y/N) had a style that few girls at their school was interested in. Ripped jeans, band t-shirts, and dark makeup. Oh, she was different. She was definitely different from the other girls. And Steve liked different. He'd never met a girl that didn't give into trends like (Y/N) before.

Steve raked through his hair as he walked down the hallway, approaching (Y/N)'s locker. She had it open, rummaging through it.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Steve said, tapping his fingers in the metal lockers.

(Y/N)'s eyes darted to the side to look at Steve as she continued to search through the locker.

"Hi, Steve. What's up?" she asked, pulling out a trigonometry text book.

"Nothing much. Just wondering if you're busy tonight?" he asked.

(Y/N) turned her head to look at Steve.

"Not really, why?" (Y/N) asked.

He smirked.

"Because I was thinking that maybe we could go on a date tonight? Maybe go to the movies?" Steve smiled at (Y/N), hoping for a good answer.

"What are you playing at, Steve?" (Y/N) asked, eyebrow raised.

She took a step closer to him.

"I'm not playing at anything," Steve said, "I just like you."

(Y/N) tilted her head back a little and examined Steve.

"Really? Since when?" she asked.

"Since we took chemistry together," he said.

"Ok. I'll go out with you. But, Steve. I'm not those other girls I've seen you with. I'm not a slut," (Y/N) said sternly.

"Well, I already knew that. I've been wanting to live somebody that actually cared about themselves anyways," Steve said.

He gently grabbed her hand and kissed it, then walked away as the bell rang.

(Y/N) leaned on the lockers and smiled. It was about time he asked her.

_____________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I know it's short, once again: I wrote this at 2:00 in the morning. Let me know if you liked it, hated it, etc., etc.

, etc