Nothing's Gonna Harm You (Gavin Lee/Reader)

Author's Note: This is such a sweet idea. I absolutely adore Gavin Lee so I was anticipating to get a request for him. So queenofgotham192 this one's for you.

Fandom: Broadway
________________________________________________________________

"You're on in five," I heard the stage manager say.

"Ok," I said just above a whisper.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I could feel the muscles become tight around my lungs.

"You can do this. You can do this. You've performed before. It's not a big deal."

I took a deep breath and stood up from my chair in front of my makeup table. Why would I worry anyways? I was just an ensemble cast member. If I screwed up, nobody would notice due to me being in the background. But even that fact couldn't reassure me. I was scared out of my mind.

I slowly stood up, taking a deep breath. I walked into the hallway and made my way backstage with the rest of the ensemble. I heard the music start playing.

'The end is coming!
The end is coming!
The end is coming!'

I made my way in stage with the rest of the cast. I took deep breaths. I felt as if I was going to puke.

'This just in!'  

The ensemble, including myself, slowly danced in the background. My hands were clammy. I could feel cold sweat running down my face. 

'The end is in our future
Evidence has come to light
It's all deranged
No control
Sit tight in your corner'

"I can't do this," I thought to myself.

Making sure nobody could see me...I ran off stage.

I ran off stage.

Like a coward.

"(Y/N)! What are you doing?!" I heard a stage manager call after me but my mind soon drowned them out.

I rushed in my dressing room, closing the door. I felt uneasy. I made my way to the bathroom, leaning into the sink. My hands shook as I reached for the knob. Cold water ran down the drain. I cupped my hands, letting the water flow into my hands. I splashed my face a couple of times before exiting the bathroom.

Before I knew it, I was crying. I slid down the wall, holding my face in my hands.

What if the audience seen me? What if I get fired for not staying out there?

My hands were still shaking and I could barely breathe.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice.

Looking up, I saw Gavin Lee standing at my dressing room door.

Shit.

I put my head on my knees, ignoring him. Footsteps approached me and I soon felt a hand on my back. I began to cry again, hiding my face from Gavin. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest.

"You're okay. You're okay."

My breath hitched as I learned into him.

Gavin and I had always been close. Even before Spongebob Squarepants the Musical we were inseparable. Over the past year our friendship had turned more into a romantic relationship, never being official but nevertheless we cared for each other.

Why would he stick around?

I never had a clue.

Gavin's hand ran through my hair, trying to sooth me. The color of my skin had went from a pale tone to a flushed red from crying.

"Nothing's gonna harm you, not while I'm around," Gavin began to sing.

His voice wasn't powerful like it would normally be during a performance. Instead, it was calming and gentle.

"Nothing's gonna harm you, no ma'am, not while I'm around. Demons are prowling everywhere, nowadays,
I'll send 'em howling,
I don't care, I got ways.
No one's gonna hurt you,
No one's gonna dare.
Others can desert you,
Not to worry, whistle, I'll be there."

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. I wrapped my hand around his. My breathing had finally slowed to a normal pace.

"Demons'll charm you with a smile, for a while,
But in time...
Nothing can harm you
Not while I'm around...
Not to worry, not to worry
I may not be smart, but I ain't dumb.
I can do it. Put me to it. Show me somethin - I can overcome.
Not to worry, ma'am."

"Being close and being clever
Ain't like being true
I don't need to,
I would never hide a thing from you,
Like some...
Nothin's gonna harm you. Not while I'm around.
Nothing's gonna harm you, darling
Not while I'm around.
Demons'll charm you with a smile, for a while,
But in time...
Nothing's gunna harm you
Not while I'm around... "

I looked up at Gavin once he finished. His looked as if he was going to cry due to worrying about me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded, putting my head on his chest.

"Thank you, Gavin," I whispered.

"You're welcome. And I love you," he said.

"I love you, too"

____________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

    There we go. Short and sweet. Honestly, I'm not impressed with this. I could've done so much more with it. But I've been extremely uninspired lately. Then I got sick. Then I started failing classes. Then my dad's friend died. So much stuff came up at once and I've just started to give up. But anyways, I hope you enjoyed. My next few chapters are most likely going to be Marvel related (specifically The Avengers and The Guardians of the Galaxy) so if you have any request for that, please leave it in the comments section. If course you can make requests for other stuff but I'm trying to through in some more diversity. Not just Broadway and Blood Drive. Even though I love both of those things.

Stay Weird. - Morgan.