Smoke and Blood (Alec Volturi/Reader)

Author's Note: Hey, guys! I'm doing Twilight fanfiction after years of not doing it. So this is my second official Twilight reader insert. I had to immerse myself into the world of Twilight again. I was never really a super fan of it so I had to remind myself of everything that happened and who Alec even was because I honestly forgot.

Warnings: AFAB reader (this was specifically requested), reader is referred to by she/her pronouns, Rated T
Type: Requested One Shot
Word Count: 2300

I hope you guys enjoy it as always!

I remember the first time I saw Alec

I remember the first time I saw Alec. Almost 20 years ago we met in the snow. I can still remember seeing his dark red eyes like it was yesterday. I would have never guessed back then that we'd end up together, married and with a child.

If times had been anything like they were on that day our child would be dead. Her name was Lydia. And she was adopted, of course. I couldn't risk giving birth to a child but both Alec and I had yearned for a child to call our own. Honestly, at first, I wasn't sure if alec could handle being a father. The only father he and his sister ever really had was Aro and that fact alone but a bad taste in my mouth. The Volturi's influence on Alec when we first met was astronomical. That was what made me fear for our daughter.

Lydia bounced around the house, running back and forth with a stuffed teddy bear in her hand as I watched from my seat on the sofa. She was 6 now. When Alec and I had officially adopted her she was 2. She had grown so fast. She brought me so much joy. She brought us so much joy. And she knew nothing about the world me and her father lived in. She didn't know we were vampires. She didn't know what it took to train Alec to not crave human blood. She knew nothing about me having to get on my knees and beg Aro to change the laws and allow me and her father to adopt her. She knew nothing about the Volturi. Nothing. To her, we were just normal people.

I watched her carefully as she stumbled around, talking to her stuffed animals as if they were real people. I glanced at the clock on the wall, noting that Alec wouldn't get home for another hour. Lydia put her toys down and hopped onto the couch beside me, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Mommy?" she asked, pulling away from my shoulder and laying down on the couch beside me.

She placed her legs on my lap.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I asked as I patted her leg.

"What are you thinking about?" she questioned.

She sat back up and looked at me with that childlike wonder.

"Your father," I said.

She scooted closer to me and motioned for me to pick her up. I grabbed her and sat her on my lap.

"Mom," the little girl asked, "Why don't you ever talk about how you and Dad met?"

I laughed a little bit.