Anti-Social (Alistair/Hybrid!Reader)

Author's Note: Hi, 2021 Morgan speaking! Here's another one of my old oneshots from 2017 where the reader is a Vampire-Werewolf hybrid. It's cringey, I know. But I hope you enjoy this old oneshot from when I was in 9th grade.

Fandom: Twilight 

______________________________

Bella was gifted. We all knew it. Unlike everyone else, I showed little interest in helping her with her "shield".

I leaned on a tree. Bella, Edward, Emmett and a few others were a few yards away. They were trying to get Bella to shield someone else besides herself. In this case, it was Edward who at the moment was being electrocuted multiple times.

"This is so ridiculous," I mumbled to myself.

I heard leaves rustle above me.

"I couldn't agree with you more," I heard a deep British accent say.

I looked up to see Alistair standing on a tree limb. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the group of vampires in front of me.

"I thought you were staying in the attic," I said.

"I needed fresh air," he said.

I turned around and gripped the tree, placing my combat boots on the bark. I climbed the tree slowly so I wouldn't startle Alistair. I wasn't sure about how he felt about my presence.

The day I arrived at the Cullen's house he had given me a death glare. I was what both vampires and werewolves called an abomination. I was the result of an unspeakable act. I was a hybrid. A cross of a vampire and a werewolf.

He was now sitting on the branch, looking down at the other vampires.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I sat down beside him.

"Giving you company," I mumbled.

His red eyes scanned over me.

"I'm not a people person, (Y/N)," Alistair said.

I could tell he was trying to usher me away.

"I've noticed, Alistair." I said.

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. By now he accepted that I wasn't going to leave.

"What's it like?" he asked after a minute or two.

"What's what like?" I asked.

"Being...one of them," he nodded his head towards Jacob who now stood with Edward and Bella, "but also being one of us."

His hand motioned to himself.

I sighed.

"Being a hybrid means you're an outcast. I'm a rare species and I'm not wanted. That's why I don't like speaking to anyone. I always end up being judged," I said, glancing over at him.

Alistair pushed his blonde hair out of his face.

"You're anti-social. I'm the same," he said.

"Yeah. Just like you, apparently," I stated.

I looked down at the ground below us. My (H/C) falling in my face.

"Do you imprint on people?" Alistair asked.

"No. Hybrids can't imprint. We do have mates. We know when we meet them. It's more similar to vampires," I explained.

"Ah. So...have you met your mate yet?" he asked, trying to stir up a conversation.

I glanced at him once he asked the question.

"Yes, I have," I said, fiddling with the fingerless gloves on my hand.

"Is he your kind? Or something else?" He asked.

"Vampire," I said.

"Does he know yet?" he asked.

I breathed in deeply. I turned to face him, swinging my leg over the branch.

"Allistar. I need to tell you something important," I said.

He looked at my eyes. Red meeting gold.

"Wha-"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his.

Alistair moaned and put one of his hands on the side of my face. I pulled away. He was awestruck as I looked at him.

"I'm your mate?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

I nodded and smiled, showing my set of fangs. He smiled and pulled me towards. He wrapped his arms around me, ensuring that I won't fall from the tree. He placed his lips on mine this time automatically deepening the kiss.

"Ahem."

We both pulled away at the sudden sound of Carlisle's voice. We both looked down at him looking up at us.

"Congratulations, old friend," Carlisle said, walking away.

___________________________