Insecurities

"What about your family?"

"hmm?" she looked at him through eyelashes, clearly uncomfortable by his questions. 

Zoya smiled setting up her dupatta straight while trying her best to avoid his questions. Aditya observed her carefully, reading everything she said through her words and even those that her body conveyed. He stood next to her revealing his bare chest for her pleasure. He smiled placing his face in the nape of her neck from behind. His arms circling her petite body.

"Do you miss them?" He asked.

Adity felt the change in her breathe and he pulled her close further to give her comfort. 

"I don't have any family," she replied through her uneven breathing.

"They died?"

"At least for me." He replied met with a long silence. Aditya didn't dare to move a muscle, his eyes twitched with various emotions. She felt the uneasiness that his silence held thus she removed his hands and cupped his face, " Do you mind if we talk about something else?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry. I was just interested." she felt the sincerity in his words and nodded to him.

"I don't mind answering your questions, but you are trying to learn that part of my book which I tore it long ago. One day, I will! I will answer all of your questions."

He nodded and patted her cheeks softly.  "I am ready to hear, whenever you are ready to speak about it."

She smiled sadly, 'that day is never going to come.' she admitted to herself silently.

Aditya clicked his fingers to bring her attention to him, " Okay?"

"Hmm." She smiled,  "You aren't hungry?" She asked, diverting the topic.

Aditya scanned her face for a few seconds, "of course, and I want a dessert too."

He rolled his arms on her again, this time bringing her lips deadly close to his.
"Desert before Meal?" Zoya asked with a raised brow.

"Well, before a meal, after a meal and after a meal." He kissed at every word making her shiver with close proximity.

He paused and kissed her nose before letting her rest her head on his chest. The warmth comforted her and she let the peace wash over her insecurities.

*****

More days passed, Aditya continued to meet with  Zoya at his farmhouses or at hotels. In initial meetings, Zoya understood how much he loathed to visit the brothel. He passionately hated meeting her in that room, which is used by many men before him, and which will be used by many men after him. Also, she didn't wish to put his reputation at risk. He belonged to a well-renown family. And she was afraid of the consequences of letting their little secret out. If she had left him to decide, she would have been out of this brothel long ago. The idea to get out of this place into a life with him tempted her. But then she held herself back. As the path that can only bring ill fate and unhappiness to their life, it was better to stay away from it. Or maybe she was too afraid. What if she loses him by the end of this route? Thus, the moment she lived now was everything for her, and she was happy with it. 

During the day, he lived his own life and fulfilled his responsibilities.  But after scorching daylight, he ran for his peace, his shadow- his Zoya. And that defined their relationship. He was the happiness she craved for, and she was his solace.

"Are you thinking of something?" a deep growl demanded next to her ear.

She was in his arms, under a blanket wrapped around them, watching the sunrise through the huge transparent glass frame.