Meteor shower

"Does-" He looked at Zoya, her eyes gazing at the scar below his lips. He noticed how her fingers were fighting themselves on her lap, almost battling against her control.

"Hmm?"

"Does... it still hurts?" Her soft voice broke a smile on his face. He blinked.

"Then I don't understand." She looked away, and he disliked her action. Quickly, his finger bent under her chin and pulled her back. He smiled when still she was not looking at him, but at the scars.

"What you don't understand?"

"You." She breathed out. Her eyes met his for a brief minute before she pulled herself away from his intense gaze. "I don't understand if it hurts you, why are you not in the hospital?"

His heartbeat abnormally raced, and he squeezed his eyes to keep his breath in-check. She was doing it again, making his heart flutter. He looked at her, letting those thousands of thoughts passed through his head. There was no answer to why he didn't stay back in the hospital. Why was his mind only focus on her, on her whereabouts? There was no reason why he wanted to see her if she is okay. He wanted to see her. There was a heaviness building inside him with each passing seconds, every breath he took. From the moment he was awake, all he could think about is, her. He was unsure why he could not shake away this feeling. Why he could feel her presence around her? She was all around him, in him.

"Aditya?"

He looked back at Zoya, his intense eyes locked on her, watching her soul through them. She felt a shiver run down her spine and her body shook with the impact. She wanted to withdraw her gaze, but he was holding her still with an invisible string. She was powerless in front of him on so many different levels. He was doing it again, causing her fear and comfort at the same time. Zoya did not know what he wanted from her, and it confused her terribly. She was a relief to see him at the door the next morning, but what confused her even more, were her own feelings. She teared up at his sight. Whatever was he doing to her, scared her!

"I wanted to see you."

Just liked that all air punched out of her lungs. She felt breathless. Her eyes bulged and her cheeks turned a shade of pink. Her reaction was alien to herself, but she couldn't do anything about it. They were not in her control. From the day this handsome man walked in her life, nothing was ever in her control, her body, her emotions, her mind, her heart, and her dream were haunted by him. She didn't know when she had let her guard down for him to make a difference to her. He affected her; she was aware of this. He affected her in more ways than a client should be. He ruled her subconscious mind.

She looked back down at the scar on his neck. "It must be hurting."

"Yes, it is." He said directing her hands to his heart.

She shook her head and looked away. The small room with the smell of fresh paint and furniture echoed with their breath. The small carpet below them didn't provide much protection against the cold floor. She still didn't understand why he refused to sit on the bed. She noticed how he even hates the idea of him sitting on the bed with her. His expression changed to bitter when she insisted him to sit on the bed rather than on the floor. He stared at her as if she did some kind of cruelty on him by asking him to sit on the bed.

"Oh." He moaned in pain as he stretched out his legs. It went numb from sitting on the floor. She narrowed her eyes in disbelief. An 'I told you so' look made him smile again.

And with that beautiful smile carved on his lips, her heart fluttered. She went silent after that.

Aditya was reading her face like a book, trying to understand what was going through her head. He noticed she was an over-thinker and usually gets lost in the middle of anywhere. He knew there were waves of flashbacks that she was holding on to dearly. Her change of expressions told a lot about the thoughts that crossed her mind. Suddenly, the urge to know her more grew within him. He wanted to know more about the woman that lives in him, more than he lives in these days.