Fire in the heart

Aditya woke up to an intimate fragrance. A scent he has grown inclined toward. Slowly peeling his eyelids wide, he blinked a few moments to adjust to the darkness in the room. With a smile, he reached into his pocket to bring out his cell phone and once found; he switched on it's a flashlight, lighting up the dull room with its brightness.

He once again scanned the chamber and studied the small places from where the sun was trying to snoop inside the room. It appeared as if these lights were trying to reach her; they were struggling hard to make their way, but even in her sleep she has her back to them. She is sleeping peacefully but still, her one could easily read the sorrow behind her close lids. Mulling over the despair she went through, he reached his hands out to wipe the unshed tears off her eyes. But, as soon as his fingers touched her warm skin, she stirs in her slumber and looked around, startled.

"Sorry, Did I scare you?" He locked his eyes intensely on her while she looked down at him with uncertainty.

"Are you okay now?" She asked, rubbing her palm on her eyes to get rid of remaining traces of sleep from them.

Aditya enveloped her palms with his and brought it down to his heart. He hummed in response. She flicked her gaze from his eyes to the hands that were interlocked in a web over his heart. She looked at him with knitted brows before her confusion got replaced with fear.

This is wrong! Her mind chanted.

She quickly retreated her hand and tried to raise his head from her lap, but he stopped her by slipping his hands in her hair. He tilted her face slowly until he could directly see her soul through her eyes. She exhibited signs of struggle, but he waves his head, putting a stop to all her attempts.

She felt like a puppet whose strings are tied to his fingers. It paralyzed her that the thing that scared her was the same thing that rendered her a sense of truce. He eased the grip on her hair and they fell around them like a veil protecting the two from the world. His eyes were again locked on her, while he breathed the same breath as her. He could sense the sudden change in his heartbeat; a sudden raw emotion once again took over his heart and body. He felt a craving to seal this moment forever. His eyes traced her long hair's length before they were again back on her face. His fingers moved on its own accord and he tucked her hair behind her ears. When he looked back at her face, her eyes were closed with a small smile playing along her lips.

He watched her face as various emotions passed through them. Those minutes, when she held her eyes closed to the world, were dreadful minutes for Aditya. He was afraid of an unknown reason. As if all his organs had their mind of their own. He was helpless in front of his own emotions.

He himself doesn't know why he came to her in search of his peace. But now, in this minute when he's wrapped in her warmth, he knows his decision was not wrong. He himself did not know when and how Zoya became his solace. But now, when he learns what she is to him, he doesn't have any intentions to throw away this comfort for anyone.

"Open your eyes Zoya," he begged softly, cupping her face in his palm while he leaned her to him further.

His touch shattered her thoughts, and she inhaled sharply before pushing herself away from his reach, his passion. The sudden move by her made his head hit on the floor, but it was not the pain that brought tears to his eyes.

 It was his first taste of rejection!

When he turned his head, she was already standing near the door. Her eyes held a line of tears that threatened to fall on her cheeks, exposing her vulnerable side to him. She sobbed silently, without tears. A loud knock on the door interrupted Aditya's thoughts. Before he could get to her and calm her, she was already halfway from running away from him. Her hands moved clumsily on the locks when Madhu's voice echoed,