Maybe...May..be!

"What the fuck!" Aditya dropped on his knees, his fingers gripping her trembling hand.

"Zoya? Zoya are you okay? " His voice laced with worry tried to gain her attention once again.

He leaned a bit back to read her face, she was not breathing. His hands rubbed her back while he cooed some soothing words to calm her down. The expression on her face looked so lost. What was hurting her so badly? He wanted to know the reason behind it and erase it from her life forever.

Aditya's eyes teared up to see her in pain. He kept begging her to calm down while refusing to even let air pass between them.

He was giving her all that he had. His warmth, his feelings he poured everything at that moment to break the trance she has locked himself in.

It took a while, but slowly Zoya began to come back to her senses. And when her senses came to life, she noticed how densely her body was wrapped with his. His lips attached to her forehead, his tears wetting her hair. His hot breath showering on her crown, his hands protectively secured on her petite frame. She was barely on the bed that she assumed to be laid on. Zoya unintentionally struggled a little which alarmed him and he quickly leaned away to check on her.

A wave of relief washed over him seeing her eyes wide open, focussed on him. "You? You are okay? " It was more of asking himself than her. His eyes refilled with fresh tears, only this time they were back with different emotions.

'Water." She whispers while nodding her head in yes.

"Yes... Yes. " He replied weakly, still shook with the incident, he witnessed a while ago.

He poured a glass of water from the side table and turned around to lift her gently. Shifting her weight on him, he slowly made her drink water. She moved her head when she took enough sips and he placed the glass back on the table.

"What has happened?" She asked weakly. Her tongue felt too heavy to form any coherent words.

"You fainted." His eyes locked with hers with worry, once again, He grabbed both her hands and brought them close to his heart. "What is it? Tell me? I will listen to everything you say, without judging you. You know this, right? So tell me, I know something is wrong, what is it? " His eyes shedding tears as his body tried to fight against the fear of losing her, that he has experienced a while ago.

He waited for her reply, but that never came. She was frighteningly silent, which brought some unsettled feeling within him. He brought her hands to his lips while he gently brushed her forehead with his palm.

"You can trust me with your worries. I am here Zoya. "

She looked at him for a few seconds, while different emotions crossed her orbs. She wanted to cry, but no tears formed in them. She felt so weak from deep within that she let her silence speak. He watched her struggle curiously while fighting himself to hold her by her arm and make her speak. This silence was like a punishment to him. He refused to let it settle between them. He wanted to know the reason for her action. He wanted to know the reason behind her pain.

Zoya looked away from him and stared at the ceiling. Her brows squeezed with the unfamiliar environment. "Where... Where am I? " She asked

"Hospital."

Her brows rested with acknowledgement. Her attention went upon the wires that were attached to her hands. She blinked her eyes at the IV. How sick, she was to get admitted to the hospital? She thought.

The pin-drop silence in the room, with only the sound of their breath echoing the wall. Slowly comforted her, it almost resembled the emptiness she always felt within, all her life. And without her knowledge, she has already drifted off to sleep.