Bruised Heart Part 1

"It has food, eat it."

She peeked at him and then at his hand, which was stretched out at her. She took the parcel bag in her hand and nods in yes.

"Take this key, 2nd one will open the lock. After eating your dinner, go to your room and take some rest. I will be late, maybe. Don't put the latch on the main door, I have a spare key, I will use it when I return."

Zoya gave a brief nod before taking the keys from him and climbing out on unsteady legs.

"Hey, careful!"

The next minute, he was at her side, holding her by the arms to support her. Zoya's head hits Aditya's chest and her hair waves in the air. She was standing very close to him. So close as the fragrance of her hair tempted him. He wanted to raise his hand and touch her hair. Her hair kissed her face boldly. She tried to push her hair behind her ear, but they kept appearing before her eyes and continued to trouble with their dark and luscious locks. She had a food packet in her one hand and keys in the other. Aditya smiled, admiring her little fight with her wild hair. They refused to obey her fingers, and a frown formed on her face. Aditya chuckled quietly as he raised his hand to take care of her hair for her, but as he lifted his hand, she moved away.

Zoya moved her hand on her heart and looked away, at the vacant road, then glanced back to see if he was still there. He wasn't. She breathed out, not realizing she was holding them back for all this while. She looked at the spot where he was standing a few minutes ago; it was empty, but the essence of his perfume still lingered, which refused to let her senses to calm.

What just happened here? She found asking herself.

She made slow steps inside the house, turning her head once in a while to the spot where the lovely memory just took place. She stepped inside the house and went straight to the kitchen to find a plate for herself. She was feeling weak and needed some food in her system. She picked up a plate, spoon, water bottle and a glass as she walked back to her room. She does not know why she was feeling so tired; she was scared that she might sleep on the table while eating. It was wise if she ate in her room, that would give her benefit to lie down if she didn't wish to eat.

She walked inside her room and placed the plates and cutlery on the bed while she picked up the packed and open it. A delicious mouth-watering aroma hit her nostrils, making her slip into fond memories of her childhood. Her mother used to make the best biryani. Her biryani was so famous that ladies in her neighbourhood used to call Zoya's Ammi asking for a recipe, guest use to self invite themselves at their house when they learn Biryani is being prepared at Siddique house.

"Your memories are like you, Ammi. They bring comfort with lots of pain."

She moved the plate away from her sight, not feeling hungry anymore. Zoya climbed the bed and rested her head on the cool, lavender-scented linen and sobbed, wishing she could one day get rid of her pain, her broken hopes, her awful past!

***

Aditya stared at his mobile screen, watching her sleep as she soaked the blanket with her tears. His finger moved to caress her sleeping form, he let his fingers touch her innocent face as he changed the angle of the camera. Ever since he returned from the press conference, Aditya found himself restless. He hated her and there were no two ways on it. But her innocence, her tears were forcing him to doubt himself and his own feelings for her. He hated his own self for being conflicted with his emotions; she deserved the pain he inflicted on her. Then why can't he sleep peacefully!

"When I am close to you, this hate for you does not allow me to rest in peace, and my heart does not approve when I am distance from you. What are you doing to me?" He brushed his hands in his hair frustratingly.