Lifting the Curse

"Let me speak to him." a very pissed Shawn urged Zoya, shoving the cell phone in her direction, he pleaded through his eyes to type Aditya's number on it but she refused again.

Ever since Zoya has returned to the brothel she has changed drastically. She barely moves or speaks. She has stopped protesting her clients' brutality. Meanwhile, Madhu milked a lot of money by selling out her for several hours a loop each day. Zoya had many loyal clients of all ages who were disappointed after Aditya entered her life. In Aditya's presence,  Madhu was not allowed to sell her to any other men or mistreat her in any form. He paid Madhu well to bent her as per his wishes. But now since Zoya herself has stopped Aditya from meddling into her life, Madhu sought it as an opportunity to encash Zoya as much as she wanted.

Zoya gently pushed the phone away and locked her eyes on the floor. "I told you don't drag him again. I don't want to do anything with him. His chapter is over." Zoya weakly insisted. Shawn knew by his instinct that Aditya has to do something for her this condition. She was barely living. She missed her exams already. Her dream to get graduate this year was gone. Besides, She refused to meet Shawn for the first time in so many years. It appeared as if she was running away from everyone who could comfort her. And this made him worried about her. 

"I don't know what has happened between you two but whatever it is can't you two just talked it out?"

"Why are you so much concerned about him?"

"Concerned about him?" Shawn coughed. "If you have forgotten this scar over here, is his gift from that day. " He said in a half-serious tone, pointing at the stitched mark under his eyes. Zoya glanced at him and instantly felt guilty for being the reason causing it.

" Still you want me to speak to him? Why?"

"Because I can't see Zombie Zoya anymore. Zoya just look at yourself. What are you doing to yourself? "

"What about me? I am okay." Shawn almost laughed humourlessly

"The dark circle under your eyes, your swollen body, all those marks of those beasts on you. Do you think you are okay? Because definitely, anyone with eyes could say, you are anything but okay. " he paused taking a seat next to her on the bed.

"I understand if you don't want to share details of you two with me. But can you at least listen to me and sought your problems out with him. I am sure if he is behind the problem, then only he has the power to resolve it." Shawn stated it confidently.

"Can you please stop it? I don't want to talk about him anymore." 

The veins in his eyes popped up, " Fine! if you are eager to destroy your life further than it already is. then go ahead, be my guest. But understand this, doing this! is only hurting the people who love you. Understood?" Shawn said stiffly.

Zoya didn't miss the way Shawn's lips stretched over his teeth in anger. She knew everything he said was true. She was hurting him along with her. Shawn was close to her as a family. But as much as she wanted to share her pain, she knew it was better to keep somethings only to herself.  That way she would at least help Shawn from further despair.

"Shawn, I want to forget him." she mustered up all her courage and said out loud and clear.

Every day ever since that day, she scolded herself for thinking about Aditya. she knew time could never turn around and she won't be able to make herself meet his eyes again. Their story was butchered to the point of destruction. She knew it is better to let go of him than to hold him and make him suffer in future.

"Are you sure? This is what you want? Sure?  " 

No this is not what she has ever asked for, this is not what her heart wanted. But this is the only right thing to do! as usual, she is left with no choice. The aching in her heart made her almost run to Aditya and hold him for life. But only she knew how she was holding back her urges. She looked up at Shawn and found him staring back at her for her reply. She held her breath and gave a soft nod. It is better to forget Aditya! she concluded.