25

"Glad you could attend today's session May." Doctor Logan says as I step into her office, dropping my bag near the sofa,  before I sit on it.

        "You didn't give me any choice did you." I ask and she smiles "You've been avoiding me." She says and I shake my head.

       "No I haven't, you can't avoid someone that you've never met." I say and she just gives me this knowing smile that psychologists are fond of.

      "Let's begin now May." She says and I nod "Yeah let's."I mutter and she gives me another smile.

        "So how have you been?" She asks and I sigh, "I'm great totally fine." I answer and she nods "We both know that you're lying." She says and I smile "Why ask if you know that I'm going to lie? I ask and she just shrugs .

       "So how are you?" She asks again and I shrug, "What can I say? I'm as fine as my demons can allow me to be." I answer and she nods writing whatever it is that they write.

            "How you taking the moving?" She asks and I grin "Oh I'm totally fine with the moving, you know suddenly being served an eviction notice from my  old life was cool, as cool as being taken away from from my friends and life as I knew it." I say and she nods.

        "And your relationship with your father?" She says and I grin "Imagine this; your father leaves you at the age of ten after..let's put it this way, after a tragedy occurs, and suddenly he returns six years after, how will your relationship with your father be?" I ask and she nods still scribbling.

      "Are you even trying?" She asks and I smile, "I am trying, the other day I made Clay a sandwich to eat while I told him a story." I say and she nods.

        "What was the story about?" She asks and I grin "You know the usual story of how our family scattered."  I say and she nods "In other words you're not trying?" She asks and I shrug, "Depends on how you see it." I say and she nods.

           "And how's school?" She asks and I shrug, "As manageable as school can be.." I say and she smiles "Which is?" She asks and I fold my arms.

     "I guess it's okay, I have what? Six people that I call friends? Three or so people that hate me? School work is okay, never been hard anyway overall it sucks." I say and she nods.

        "Why does it suck?" She asks and I give an exaggerated sigh "Because out of those six friends, I can't have physical contact for more than five minutes on a good day with four of  them. And before you ask why it's because of their gender; they're male." I say and she nods.

        "So you're still not over your fear of the male gender?" She asks and I smile, "Because it's that easy to get over an experience like mine?" I ask.

      "Are you even trying? To stop your fear?" She asks and I grin "Three years ago, everyone of the male gender scared me, no matter their age or blood ties. I still fear those above the age of ten, I no longer fear my brother, so yes I am trying." I say.

        "Do they know?" She asks and I look up at her, "Do they know what?" I ask and she meets my gaze, "Do they know about what happened?" She asks and I laugh "Yeah, of course they do, because the moment we warmed up to each other I told them." I say sarcastically and she nods.

        "I appreciate your sarcasm May, but what I need from you are answers." She says and I remain quiet.

       "When I was reading your file, Dr
Ross highlighted that you still see him. Your brother." She says and I rub my wrists.

        "What exactly are you trying to achieve here?" I ask feeling tired, "I'm trying to get acquainted with you, your thoughts and actions not just know you based on what I know from your file. Please answer." She replies and I sigh.

      "Yes. I still see Maddox,  I never stopped seeing him." I say and she nods "Everyday or just during specific times?" She asks.

        "It depends. I see him when I need to, when I need him there, I see him when I want too,not everyday." I say and she nods.

      "Do you will  him to appear, like summon him?" She asks and I shake my head "I don't will him, sometimes I call out to him when I need him and sometimes he comes himself." I say and she nods but says nothing.

         "I'm not crazy. I am not crazy." I say and she stares at me, "I never said so nor did I think so." She says and I nod.

       "Your mind is still portraying him as alive, you're hallucinating." She says and I stare at her shaking my head " I'm already taking meds for hallucinating." I say.

       "So what do you call what it is that is going on?" She says and I shrug "I don't know, that's why I'm here aren't I?" I counter and she nods "Yes, one of the various reasons." She says.

      "Let's talk about your nightmares." She suggests and I shake my head "I don't want to talk about them." I mutter and she nods "Fine, we won't talk about it."

        "I've been here for an hour now, isn't it time for you to tell me whatever psychological activity that you want me to do and submit during our next session." I say and she smiles.

      "You're right, I want you to write about the girl you used to be before the incident, the girl you were after the incident, the girl you have become and finally, the girl you want to be." She says and I nod.

       "Incident huh? So why do you want me to do that?" I ask and she smiles. "Because we'll be able to establish what has changed over the years, the good and the bad, what you've overcome and what you need to overcome." She says and I nod.

       "Why?" I ask "Because we need to understand the past and the present to get to the future." She says and I nod.

         "I don't understand what that meant but since I'm ready to go home, sure." I say picking up my bag and walking to the door.

     "See you next week Thursday by four." She says and I give a mock salute as I leave.