28

Ripping the page out, I squeeze it and throw it across my room before rubbing my face in exasperation.

       "Hey." a familiar voice says and I look up grinning, "Nice of you to pop over." I say and he laughs picking up a piece of one of my scrunched paper and unfolding it.

        "What's this supposed to be?" He asks with a snicker and I glare at him " I'm supposed to draw something different from my usual type. That's supposed to be a field of balloons.." I say and he starts laughing.

      "What possessed you to decide to draw a field of balloons?" He asks and I shrug as he starts laughing again and soon I join him.

        "Do you think I'm crazy?" I suddenly ask and he turns to face me "Why are you asking that?" he questions and I point at us "It's been six years now  Maddie." I say and he rubs his face.

       "Maybe you're crazy but normal is boring and being sane is overrated." He says and I laugh turning back to stare at my roof.

         "Wanna do something absolutely crazy?" He asks and I press my lips together and raise a brow "What?" He asks and I shrug "You're supposed to be the sane one." I say and he laughs.

       "Sanity is overrated and what else do we have to loose?" He asks and I laugh as he gets up and stretches his arm for me to grasp and I slip my hands into his and let him pull me up .

     "So where to?" I ask as I slam my car door shut and he smiles "It's a secret." He says and I laugh as I start the car and begin driving.

       "Where did you find this place?" I ask and he grins as we walk into the empty park and he shrugs "Stumbled across it while I was exploring." He says and I roll my eyes as I sit on one of the swing and he stands behind me pushing it slowly..

       " Think we cleared all traces of us being there?" I ask and he nods "You used your left hand right?" He asked and I nod "And we had trash bags tied to our feet to avoid footprints." I add and he nods  "Well then I guess that the good people of whatever the name of this town is will never know who helped them decorate their town square." He says and I laugh as he pushes me higher.

     "Decorate is a nice word for it." I say and he shrugs "Vandalism is too strong a word to classify what we did. We're artists not criminals." He replies before moving to sit beside me on the next swing .

        " So the Al Hassan's..." He begins and I glare at him "What about them?" I ask and he grins "You tell me." I say and he wiggles his brows "I think Kamir might have a thing for you.." he says and I scoff "A  thing huh?" I ask and he laughs.

       "Yeah a thing.. Karim seems pretty neutral.." he continues and I nod "What about Kaifar?" I ask and he grins "Wouldn't you like to know?" He says and I frown "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask and he hums.

         "Madddiiiieeeee..." I whine and he sighs "You my dear baby sister seems to have a thing of your own for Kaifar." He says and I choke on my drink.

       "Say what now?" I ask and he raises his arm in mock surrender "Just my view." He says and I glare "Well it's a wrong view. I hate him." I say and he frowns "Isn't hate too strong a word?" He asks and I shake my head.

         "Hate is the best word to describe my feelings or as you put it; my thing for Kaifar." I say and he remains silent.

       "There's something off about him though." He finally says and I feel shivers run through me and I know he felt it too.

       "Not that kind of off May, I don't think he's that kind of dangerous." He says and I turn to look at him.

       "Then what kind of off ?" I ask and he shrugs "Like he's keeping a bad secret, he's planning something and for some reason you're involved." He says and I frown "Heaven helps him if he's planning another prank." I say and he shakes his head "Definitely not a prank." He says and I turn to stare at him.

      "Then what?" I ask and he shakes his head "I don't know exactly but he's off, or maybe I just don't like him." He says and I scoff "Liar liar, your hair will be on fire." I say and he laughs.

       "We should have taken your psychic powers seriously then.. we'd probably not be like this if we did." I say and he snorts.

      "I don't know how many times I have to  tell you that it's not psychic powers.. it's simple psychology May, I simply unbox people based on their behaviour." he says and I roll my eyes "Potato, Potahtoe.. you say psychology I say psychic powers, we're saying the same thing." I say and he shakes his head.

      "We should head back now,it's  late and there's school tomorrow." He says and I groan "Man I hate school.." I say getting up from the swing and he scoffs shaking his head as we walk back to my car and we get in.

     The drive back is spent in comfortable silence with the radio playing so Maddie humming along as Lorde's Team starts playing.

       Parking the car in the garage, I kill the engine before I turn back to him "We should do this again brother." I say and he nods "Yeah we should." He says opening the car door and stepping out and I do the same and lock the garage and we both walk towards the house.

       "See ya later Maybelline." He says and I roll my eyes at the mock salute he gives before saluting back "See ya later Maddie bear." I say and he grins before waving and walking out of the compound before he disappears.

          Sighing I rest my head on the door before I finally work up enough courage to open the door and walk in, and like I expected they're all waiting for me in the living room.

     "May..." My mother begins but I wave her off before interrupting "I'm fine, I was out with Maddie." I say and their expression becomes sympathetic.

       "May you've got to stop doing this to yourself, Maddox is dead remember?..." Clay says and I give a grim smile.

         "Yeah, your sick brother killed him, do you also remember that?" I ask not giving him a chance before I rush upstairs into my room and lock the door.

        "Hey." He says and I look at him leaning by my doorway "Hi.." I reply and he sits on my bed "He's right you know? I'm dead." He says and I say nothing.

        "Thought you had gone.." I say finally and he shrugs, "I had a feeling that you might need me." He says and I grin "Psychic powers." I say and he starts laughing till I eventually join him.