04 | manners

❝ 𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 ❞

𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒌

* * * * * * *

T H E A

"There is no way in hell I'm getting that." I protest as I stare at the practically non existence material that Shyla is holding up.

We've been at the mall for almost two hours now and I still haven't managed to successfully buy an outfit for the party. I don't even want to go to this stupid party anyway.

We know the person who's hosting it this time though. Some boy we went to high school with is having a gathering for his his twenty-first birthday. Tyler?.. Taylor?.. Tommy?.. something like that, I think.

"Mason has a huge games room with a bowling alley and everything." Aven explains as she approaches us, too busy staring at a pair of boots to notice that myself and Shyla are currently having a silent disagreement over the dress she's currently forcing me to buy.

Oh, he's called Mason. I could've sworn his name began with a T.

"What's going on?" Aven asks, clearly noticing the tension between Shyla and I.

"She's trying to make me get that," I tell her and she glances towards the dress in Shyla's hands.

"It's cute," she comments and Shyla begins to smile as to say I told you so.

She takes a step towards me, extending her arms out for me to take the dress and I roll my eyes with a playful groan. "Ugh, fine."

I take the dress and she chuckles to herself, motioning her head towards the counter for me to buy it. The dress is cute but it's a little shorter than what I would usually go for. The material is also extremely thin and partially see-through, which isn't exactly a huge problem but as of late.. I've become a lot more self conscious of how I look.

Now I'm not saying I'm someone who constantly needs reassurance because I don't. It's just that.. ever since the whole 'Rio leaving' thing, I've began to doubt myself a lot. My self worth, my image, even my own sanity sometimes.

I've always been a little conscious of how I look anyway, even before Rio.. but since meeting him, he somehow managed to help me embrace the parts I don't necessarily like. When he left.. it was almost as though all of that left too.

Knowing I'll probably regret this later when I actually have to wear it.. I buy the god damn dress purely to shut Shyla up.

After spending another hour or so at the mall, we head to Five Guys because that's all Aven has talked about since we actually got here.

We all love food equally as much. Perhaps that's why we're such good friends.

Eventually after an eventful few hours, I arrive back home and head upstairs to my room. The girls are coming over later so we can all get ready together, when I know that it's only because Shyla wants to make sure I wear the dress.

It's black, obviously, and has ruffled sleeves, cutting off a few inches below my bottom. I'm just hoping that when I actually put it on, it doesn't rise up too much.