13 | the right reasons

❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒖𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘,
𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕?
𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕 ❞

𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒐𝒏

* * * * * * *

T H E A

I hardly slept at all last night. My brain just wouldn't shut off from all the thoughts whirling around so openly. Fourteen hours later and I'm still trying to process it all.

He sat and told me that my whole life was a lie. Everything that I've been told and everything I've believed, was all just some made up story to throw me off the truth.

The worst part is, it's not even something I could just walk away from because I'm already involved in it. I was just completely oblivious.

How am I even supposed to bring this up to my parents? What do I do? Sit them down and tell them that I know my father worked for a fucking mafia? How do I start that conversation off?

'Hi dad, so Rio is back and we're continuing from where we left off, oh also thank you for allowing me to be in the company of men who could quite possibly be mass murderers, and leaders of the Italian mafia.'

No. Hell no.

I've seen enough crime documentaries in my lifetime to understand the consequences of being involved with people as dangerous as a whole ass mafia. I know you have to abide by omertà and I know that Rio just broke it by telling me about them.

He did this so that I would know everything. What I was really getting myself in for. The real reason why he was so adamant that he needed to distance himself from me at the beginning when we first met.

Everything he did really was for the right reasons. I understand that now.

Even while we were taking Ellerie and Knox to school earlier, my head was still spinning. I just don't know how I'm supposed to do this.

"You ready?" Rio asks, his voice snapping me out of my fast growing thoughts.

I take a deep breath before nodding and opening the car door. Rio soon follows my lead and quickly walks around the front of his Audi to meet me.

"Deep breaths, I'm here okay?" He says comfortingly as he intertwines his fingers with mine. "Come on," he beckons as we begin walking up the driveway.

My insides feel like they're about explode with nerves. I'm literally going to just turn up with Rio and tell them that I know about the whole Enzo/Romeo situation.

Rio doesn't seem nervous at all. I mean, he is the one who told me and he obviously knows what my dad is like. Even with someone as intimidating as my dad, he doesn't appear to be fazed whatsoever.

We reach the front door and he squeezes my hand gently, silently letting me know that it's okay. I take a deep breath before unlocking the door and stepping inside, Rio staying close to me.