25 | good listener

❝ 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒅𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒚, 𝒏𝒐
𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍
𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆, 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆
𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒐𝒉 ❞

𝑴𝒂𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂

* * * * * * *

T H E A

It's been a two days since the most disastrous engagement party of the century.

To be fair, it was probably my fault but at the end of the day, Rio was right.. he did deserve to know. I should never have kept that from him.

Whether we were together or not, it was his cousin and it must have been been a low blow for him to suss it out that way.

The point is, I can say a million times over that I should've told him before but I didn't and that's just something we will have to use as a learning curb, I guess. After all, honesty is the best policy, right?

Waking up in my own bed today feels strange. It's been a few days since I've actually slept in my own bed, my own room, in my own house.

Usually I spend most of my time at Rio's now, so being here feels a little odd.. to say the least. I never thought I'd see the day where saying that being in my own house was weird. Yet here I am.. saying it.

Getting up from my exceptionally comfortable bed, I walk into the en-suite and take a quick shower, drying my hair before getting dressed. I slip on a pair of baby blue leggings with a matching cropped sweater, pairing it with a pair of white airforce.

I brush my hair and leave it down in it's natural chestnut waves, applying a light amount of makeup and some jewellery to accessorise the casual look.

Picking up my phone and car keys, I leave my room and head through the house towards the gym where I know my dad probably is. I peer through the door and just as I suspected, see him in a pair of shorts while he lifts a set of weights in front of the large wall length mirror.

Music blares through the speakers in the room as he uses the weights, the muscles in his arms flexing with every movement. I step inside the gym and close the door over behind me, waiting for him to spot me instead of disturbing him.

After a few more tries with the weights, he puts them back down onto the built up bars, running a hand through his dark brown hair and flexing his arms out backwards, releasing the tension in his muscles.

His eyes flick up and widen a little when they land on me. "Hey kiddo." He greets and picks up a bottle of water, drinking some.

"Hi," I reply as I glance around the room. "Can I talk to you about something?" I ask and he nods, furrowing his brows curiously as he places the drink down onto a table, making his way over to a bench as he gestures for me to join him.

I do so, walking over and sitting beside him as he turns the volume of the music down slightly. "So what's up?" He asks.

"So it's more of a favour really," I begin and he waits patiently for me to continue. "Rio's brother, Knox, struggles with his anger on a daily basis. I mean, you obviously know what happened to them and their mom." I say and he nods slowly.