14 | selfless

❝ 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏, 𝑰
𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚, '𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚'
'𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆?' ❞

𝑨𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒔

* * * * * * *

T H E A

Honestly.. I'm not sure what even happened back at my house. I almost feel as though I zoned out and everything was a complete blur.

As crazy as it may seem, nothing that has happened has made my feelings towards Rio change at all. If anything, it's just made them grow.

He was honest with me when my own parents weren't. I understand that they had their reasons and did it to keep me and my brothers safe.. but the fact that Rio was the one to tell me the truth.. well I guess that just says a lot about his character.

He could've just continued to keep it to himself, but he decided that the risks of me not knowing and eventually finding out through someone else, outweighed everything else. 

Whatever happened, it was always going to be him anyway, so whatever I've learned now would never change the way I feel.

"How about this one?" Rio asks and I snap out of my thoughts, looking up and following the sound of his voice when my eyes land him as he holds up a red lingerie set.

"Rio, you're supposed to be helping me pick clothes," I scold and he furrows his brows, glancing back at the thin material before looking back at me.

"These are clothes?" He says almost as a question and I roll my eyes, chuckling to myself.

Suddenly I freeze, realising what I did and cautiously look back over at him, watching as he narrows his eyes in my direction.

Oh crap.

I make a run for it to another section of the store, picking up a pair of leggings and pretending to look overly interested in them, when I catch Rio approaching from the corner of my eye.

"I'll pretend I didn't see that, yeah?" He murmurs in my ear as his warm breath fans my skin.

As hard as I try, I can't contain the quiet chuckle that escapes my lips. I literally cannot deal with this man.

We stopped off at Rio's house before he decided that we needed to take a trip to the mall so that I could buy more clothes. Like I actually need more. Has this guy seen my closet? I could wear an outfit everyday of my life until I'm at least twenty three and probably still have clothes left over.

"I got you three pairs," he adds and my eyes widen slightly. "Friday," he says as he holds up a pink lingerie set. "Saturday," he continues as he holds up the red one. "And Sunday," he finishes, holding up a blue set.

My cheeks begin to burn up as I stare at all three items in his hands. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful.. but I've never worn anything like that before.