40 | needy

❝ 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉, 𝒃𝒖𝒕
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔
𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆, 𝑰
𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔
𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ❞

𝑲𝒆𝒔𝒉𝒊

* * * * * * *

T H E A

The last two weeks felt as though they just flew by. Literally.

Rio hasn't had another nightmare since, but he's managed to open up to me a little more on his past with his parents.

There is no way that I would ever rush him or push him to speak to me about it. Whatever he wants to tell me, he will do whenever he is ready to.

We spoke about him potentially trying therapy again but he's adamant that he doesn't want to go. I guess therapy doesn't always work for everyone. Although, I really do think that he would benefit from at least some form of professional help, whatever it may be.

He still clearly has some things that he needs to deal with but at the end of the day, they're his things.. and as much as I love him and want only the best for him.. this is his decision. He has to be the one to decide what he wants to do and whatever he chooses, I'll respect that.

It just pains me to see him in that much distress.

But whatever the outcome, we'll get through it together.

"Thea, you've gone quiet again." Rio points out. "What's on your mind?"

This boy seriously knows me too well.

"Nothing," I reply as I look over at him, watching as he empties the remainder of Olaf's food into his bowl.

He arches a brow, as if knowing better, to which I almost roll my eyes at.. key word being almost. Trust me, I know better than to do that now.

"Thea," he pushes and I press my lips together, shrugging my shoulders as I try to brush it off as nothing.

"It's nothing. I'm fine, honestly." I reply, attempting to come across as truthful as possible.

He releases a small breath through his lips, almost coming off as a sigh but I try not to take too much notice, continuing to wrap one of Ellerie's many presents.

We only have two days until Christmas now. Where that time has gone, I have no idea.

Putting the decorations up in our house was such an amazing day. We all helped out, putting various ones up around the house and each of us adding a decoration onto the tree.

Knox helped me put together the small train track which goes around the bottom of the tree. It took us far too long and consisted of Knox actually telling me which part goes where. Shocking, I know.

We all went out together to buy a Christmas tree too which was super fun. Ellerie wanted all of them and didn't understand why we only took one home, not planting the rest of the seeds in the backyard for more to grow.