39 | just a dream

❝ 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒕
𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒕𝒐,
𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰'𝒎 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ❞

𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔 𝑯𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒙 𝑬𝒓𝒊𝒔 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒅

* * * * * * *

Warning: this chapter contains sexual content. (You asked, therefore you shall receive hehe)

T H E A

Me and Rio spent about thirty minutes swimming in the water last night, enjoying each others company and the tranquility of the lake.

It gave me even more time to think as we both floated in the water, staring up at the star scattered night sky. Probably a little too much time to think, as I kept glancing at Rio every couple of seconds, practically dying to swim over to him and smother him in kisses.

He is so amazing and he doesn't even realise it.

After taking a well needed shower, I join Rio back in our room as he puts on his sneakers and stands up from the bed. I brush through my wet hair and decide to just leave it down to air dry, before putting on one of his sweaters and a pair of black leggings.

"You look cute." He compliments before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Because I'm in your clothes or because I'm actually cute?" I tease and his green eyes spark a glimmer of playfulness as he parts his lips, his teeth barely visible.

"Both." He grins.

I release half a laugh, pressing my lips together as I try not to smile before walking past him and towards the door.

Hearing his footsteps behind me, I make my way down the stairs and towards the kitchen, feeling Rio's hand latch onto the back of my neck, his fingers digging into my skin playfully.

We enter the kitchen and I spot both of my parents, Talon and Knox sat at the table while they eat breakfast together.

My mom looks up first and breaks into a warm smile when she sees the two of us. "Morning." She greets happily.

"Morning," me and Rio reply almost simultaneously.

"Sleep well?" My dad asks and I nod, looking between the four of them as they eat their breakfast.

"Where's Ellerie?" I ask when I realise she isn't in the kitchen with everyone else.

"Titan took her down to the lake because she wanted to see the sharks." My mom says and Rio chuckles beside me.

Titan took her? How much did they have to pay him to do that?

Rio and I join them at the table, helping ourselves to some breakfast and discussing what we're going to do today before we head back home tonight.