27 | sunny

❝ 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕,
𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒎𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆,
𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚
𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈,
𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 ❞

𝑱𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒉 𝒙 𝑻𝒚 𝑫𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂 $𝒊𝒈𝒏

* * * * * * *

T H E A

So much for sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Poor Sienna.. I feel so bad for her. She's been on and off crying for the past hour because she's so worried that Kayin is going to leave her.

"I messed up so bad." She says as she begins to cry again. "I was supposed to take the pills! Why did I forget to take the stupid fucking pill?!" She yells, directed more at herself but I honestly don't care that she's shouting at me.

She should just let it all out, no matter what she has to do. It's a pretty scary situation to be in. A baby is a huge responsibility and requires love, care and commitment. If Sienna and Kayin really aren't ready for that right now, then they have some serious decisions to make.

"Have you never talked about having children with Kayin?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Not really. It's just something that has never been brought up in conversation." She replies, wiping her nose with another tissue. "I wouldn't even know how to care for a baby."

Well.. I mean.. I'm not exactly sure if I'm the person she's supposed to be talking to about looking after children. I lost my cousin Theo in a store in the mall because I stupidly left him in the care of Myla, then there was that amazing babysitting day I had with August.

"I mean.. there are probably plenty of parental classes that you can take and there's always uh.. google." I ramble, not having any idea of what to say to even attempt to assure her on the topic of caring for babies.

"Thea.. you're really not helping." She half laughs and I press my lips together, knowing that she is indeed, correct.

"Sorry," I mumble as I shake my leg awkwardly.

She runs her hands through her thick curly hair and rests her elbows on her knees. I stay sat beside her, gently placing my hand on her shoulder as I try to offer some comfort.

The sound of voices steal both of our attention and we look over to the threshold of the living room to be greeted by Kayin and Jacey as they laugh about something. Both of them stop and stare straight ahead at me and Sienna as they clearly try to figure out what's going on.

Kayin's expression completely changes when he looks at Sienna, noticing how emotional she is. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks, growing concerned as he furrows his brows and paces over to her, sitting beside her and placing his hand on the back of her head.

I glance over at Jacey and offer a faint smile, not knowing whether to leave them to it or stay for moral support.

Sienna cries into Kayin's chest as he wraps both of his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. His eyes flick upwards and narrow slightly as though he's silently asking me what's wrong with her.