32 | adventure

❝ 𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕,
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓
𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍,
𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 ❞

𝑳𝑨𝑵𝒀

* * * * * * *

T H E A

Last night was very eventful to say the least.

Witnessing Rio meet my family and watching them welcome him as if he was always a part of us, made me feel so many emotions. I know that they all love him already. I mean.. what's not to love?

I guess you could say that I've always been hopeless romantic, as much as I don't want to admit it. Asher is right, I did make a PowerPoint presentation on the pros and cons of dating the boy who played Peter Pan. Maybe that's where it all stemmed from?

Witnessing the way two people can love each other. Seeing all the places love can take you to change you as a person. The adventure, the excitement, the thrill. Everything that it offers and more.

I just know that as soon as I saw Peter and Wendy, I knew that I wanted a love like that.

Growing up taught me lots of things. One of the biggest things I think it taught me though, is that not everyone's love is like Peter and Wendy's. I've been hurt, lied to, cheated on, made a fool of countless times.

Yet, there is still a part of me that held on to the hope that one day I would find a love exactly like the one I was always searching for.

It wasn't until I met Rio, that I knew that I got exactly that.

I've always been a believer that you can tell people are in love just by their eyes. The way they look at each other, the way they stare at each other.. it's all there. Eyes are full of attraction, admiration, emotion and most importantly, the undying love that you can have for someone. Their eyes twinkle and they smile, glimmer in the light and give off more emotion than most words can. Even if you don't necessarily speak about it, you can tell.. just by their eyes.

That's how I knew that it was Rio. I knew from the moment I saw that twinkle in his effortlessly beautiful forest eyes. I think deep down I've always been in love with him. From the moment we saw each other in his tattoo parlour, I suppose you could say that our life was set out from then.

From the coincidental meet ups again and again, from the relation that he had to Romeo and Enzo, to the relationship that I also had with them. From his mother going through similar situations to mine. From the love and support he gives to his younger siblings. From the type of friend that he is, to the type of person that he is.

Rio Alexander Gabriel Mason is hard not to love.

The way he protects me at every given opportunity. The way he encourages me to better myself and supports me in any choice I make, whether it be minor or superior. The way he instantly brightens up my mood and relaxes me no matter what kind of situation I'm in.

It's been a long and very rocky road between me and Rio, but honestly.. I don't think I would've had it any other way. Everything that we've been through either together or individually, has only made us stronger. It's given us the incentive to better ourselves and love life even more than we once did.