bonus chapter 1 | the wedding

T H E A

T H E A

As a child, I was never one to constantly envision or imagine what it would be like to get married. I was never obsessed with a white horse and a carriage or the perfect princess dress.

In fact, the idea of getting married never really occurred to me at all.

Marriage was just something I never thought too deeply about. If it happened then it happened and if it didn't, then I guess I'd be okay with that too.

Then one day, all that changed. Everything I ever thought growing up and all the things I pushed to the side, didn't matter anymore.

It was as though everything just made sense. The reasoning as to why people dream about their wedding day, and celebrate them to the full. I know why they do that now.

All I want to do is marry Rio Mason. I want to put on my dress, take pictures, walk down the isle, and marry the man that I love more than life itself.

In about an hours time, I'm going to be standing in front of him at the end of the aisle, making the biggest promise to him of my life. I can't wait.

I can't wait to see him, touch him, kiss him, see his smile, find comfort in his presence. Rio is the most beautiful, caring, compassionate person I've ever come across.

He's a rarity for sure.

And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him, officially starting from today.

"Okay, open your eyes." My mom says from beside me and I do as she says, my attention instantly zoning in on my reflection in the mirror.

My mom being the fantastic makeup artist that she is, has done yet another amazing job. Holy shit, I can't stop staring at myself.

"I— this is just.. wow." I murmur in disbelief, struggling to actually find the words to explain how I feel right now.

"You look breathtaking, Thea." She compliments and I look up at her, feeling my eyes starting to become glossy.

No don't cry. Come on Thea. Don't ruin your makeup, dammit.

"Mom, I love it." I say as I lean closer to the mirror to admire the makeup she's worked so hard on. "Thank you so much."

"You don't have to thank me, Thea. I'm your mom." She smiles and I feel myself getting choked up again.

Stay For MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara