43 | good practise

❝ 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒆
𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔..
𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒕
𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔, 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 ❞

𝑻𝒉𝒆-𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎

* * * * * * *

T H E A

January seems to have passed in a complete blur. Seeing in the new year with Rio and all of our family and friends was something I don't think I'll ever forget.

Once it had turned midnight we all went outside and watched the firework display that Enzo so graciously organised. Grey had put the most cutest ear defenders on August so that he could watch them with us but he could barely keep his eyes open.

I unfortunately didn't exactly get what I had hoped for in regards to playing matchmaker. Aven stayed clear of Grey even though I knew she was practically dying to be near him, and Brody was completely wasted to the point where could barely function properly.. so my hopes of getting him and Silva to talk went straight out the window.

Typical.

One day.. one day, I'll be granted the chance to be matchmaker. It had better be soon too, otherwise I'll probably go insane just thinking about it.

"So," my mom says, her calm voice stealing me from my thoughts. My eyes flick back up towards her as she sits opposite me at the kitchen table. "Have you thought anymore about your career choices?"

I furrow my brows at her question, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly shortly afterwards. "Me and Rio had a talk a few months ago and we spoke a little about me potentially going into the fashion industry." I reply and she purses her lips, her eyes widening a little at my response.

"Fashion?" She repeats. "That would be interesting. You've always loved clothes." She adds with a smile and I mimic her expression, resting my elbow on the table.

"That's what Rio said too." I chuckle, recalling the conversation we had before.

"Well you have to know that the fashion industry can be very challenging and will have it's ups and downs. Rejection is something you'll have to really prepare yourself for." She says and I nod my head understandingly.

I know that. I'm well aware of how challenging it can be and I'm going to need to grow thick skin in order to survive in it, if it's something that I really want to do.

"But on the other hand, it can also have it's plus sides too. It could allow you to really experience the world and meet with the most amazing people, showcasing your talent and giving yourself the chance to grow as an individual." She continues and I find myself smiling at how supportive she is.

"It would be cool to use my love for fashion and make a career out of it." I tell her and she offers me a warm smile.

"Well, I worked my ass off to get where I am now but I was also extremely fortunate to be given an opportunity from your grandma Mabel, which helped to kickstart my career." She replies and I arch a brow, not familiar with this story.