09 | my dea

❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈,
𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆,
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆 ❞

𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝑰𝒓𝒘𝒊𝒏

* * * * * * *

T H E A

So far we've been talking about how hot Grey is for the past twenty minutes. Well, I haven't, I've been trying my hardest to block all communication out by placing my hands over my ears and sitting in the corner of the room.

I explained to the pair of them before things got out of control, that he is a surgeon and I guess that's all they needed to set them both off. He wears a uniform. That's all they got from everything I said.

"Aven, you're the biggest hypochondriac I know, the best thing you could probably do is marry the guy." Shyla scoffs. "That way, you have twenty-four-seven wrap around care for all your fucking illnesses."

Marry? Is she feeling okay?

"Okay! Okay! My ears are bleeding!" I yell as I stand up from the floor, my hands still securely covering my ears. "And he's a surgeon, not a doctor." I add curtly and Shyla shrugs her shoulders seemingly unbothered.

"Surgeon, doctor.. they're all basically the same things," she replies and I furrow my brows, wondering how she actually came to that conclusion.

Grey is still currently sat downstairs with my parents and his child, while I'm currently sat here trying to waive the horrifying thoughts of Aven getting with him.

"Please can we stop talking about Grey," I plead. "There must be someone else we can gossip about. Both girls lift their heads up in perfect sync and raise their eyebrows suggestively. "Oh no. No more Rio." I dismiss and they both share a look.

"So.. when are you going to let him make it up to you?" Shyla asks, her voice dropping an octave with a certain seductiveness behind it. "Hmm?"

My eyes widen and I almost begin to laugh at her playful attitude. "Behave." I tell her and she grins. "There won't be any of that yet thank you very much."

Aven sniggers to herself. "Key word, yet."

Who am I kidding? All I want to do while I'm around him is just rip his clothes off.. but I can't. Not now. It wouldn't be right.

Would I be a hypocrite for that? For wanting that? For doing that?

After everything with Crew, I swore to myself that I wouldn't allow myself to be treated badly or walked over.. and I can't help but feel as though I'm breaking that promise. 

I love him. I know I love him. There's just something in the back of my mind telling me that I shouldn't be doing this.

I want to ignore it, push it away and pretend that everything can go back to the way it was.. but now that I'm faced with reality, I'm not sure if that could ever happen.