19 | peter panda

❝ 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒚
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒏
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰'𝒎 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒚
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ❞

𝑺𝒂𝒎 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐

* * * * * * *

T H E A

I sit on the end of Rio's bed, watching him change into some clean clothes. Waking up with him in my own bed this morning was an experience to say the least.

Being lucky enough to wake up in the morning with Rio is a blessing in itself, but to do it in my own house, my own room, my own bed.. was a completely different feeling.

"When I said we could spend the day together, I did actually just mean the two of us, you know." He groans and I chuckle at him, watching as he puts his black airforce's on.

"What did you want me to say? No?" I ask and he looks up at me, his eyes narrowing.

"Yeah. That's exactly what I wanted you to say." He replies as he ties his laces up.

We initially did plan on spending the day together but Jacey called and asked if we wanted to get breakfast with him and Myla. I could hardly turn him down. He sounded so happy and optimistic.

A few minutes go past with complete silence between us. I shift uncomfortably on the bed and notice Rio watching me from my peripheral vision, while still sat on the chair opposite me.

"What's on your mind?" He asks and I raise my brows, looking over at him. "You go quiet when you're overthinking, Thea."

With a long sigh, I shrug my shoulders lazily. "It's just.. do you.. still speak to Navy?" I ask hesitantly and he straightens his back, adjusting his posture at my question.

"No." He simply replies. "I haven't heard from her since she left for Boston's few months ago." He adds and I nod my head slowly, playing with my fingers awkwardly.

"She moved to Boston?" I ask in surprise. I mean, I knew she left New Orleans but I didn't know why and I didn't know where she went to either. 

"Yeah. Her dad lives there and she went back to live with him I guess." He replies calmly. "She hasn't tried to contact you, has she?"

I shake my head quickly. "No, no." I assure him. "I was just curious, that's all." I mumble.

He stands up from the chair and walks towards me, running his hand down the back of my head before tilting my chin up with his finger.

"Thea, please speak to me. Don't bottle anything up." He says quietly. "What are you thinking about?"

Looking up at him through my dark lashes, I watch as he waits patiently for me to speak. "Are you going to go back to the tracks?" I ask anxiously.

"The tracks?" He repeats with an arched brow. "I don't know. Would you be okay if I did?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders awkwardly.