24 | reckless

❝ 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒆,
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒂 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆
𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆,
𝒐𝒐𝒉, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉 ❞

𝑹𝒂𝒚𝒆

* * * * * * *

R I O

Having Thea back in my life is the biggest blessing I've ever received. I just don't want to jeopardise what we have by going to the tracks later with the risk of it all going wrong.

I don't know what it is about Thea but I feel as though I can open up to her when I've never felt like that with anyone before. I can be vulnerable in front of her and not have to fear myself or what she will think of me.

She makes me feel so fucking calm all the time and that as long as she's with me, nothing in the world matters. I don't even think she realises just how much she helps me on a daily basis, solely through just existing.

Her suggesting that Knox takes up boxing as a way to release his built up anger, genuinely.. hit me. No pun intended. The fact that she even thought of something like that literally warms my fucking heart.

She doesn't have to do this. She doesn't have to be like this. But yet she does. She always tries to think of ways to help people and in my eyes, that's the most attractive thing about her, besides her physical appearance of course.

Her selflessness, her will to inspire and aspire, the love she gives and the happiness she radiates.

She makes me so damn happy and I'd genuinely be lost without her. As sappy as it sounds, it's true. I'd probably still be in the same dark place I was before, racing whenever I can to earn a bit of extra cash, messing about with Navy and continuing to try and raise two kids while having no clue what I want out of life.

"Are you okay?" Thea's soft voice snaps me out of my daydream and I look down at her, nodding my head as I hold onto her hand, giving it a small squeeze.

Thea looks stunning, as always. A dark blue satin dress hugs her petite frame beautifully, her long chestnut hair complimenting the colour of the dress. A pair of heels give her that extra three or four inches of height but she's still smaller than me.

Knox and Ellerie are staying over at Mae's tonight into tomorrow because there are no young children allowed to this engagement party, which I think is kind of weird but I guess everyone has their own opinion.

Thea's parents and brothers aren't here yet. Hopefully they will be here soon though because I need a distraction from looking at her in this dress. Maybe I could sit and talk to Titan or something or a while, he does seem like a nice kid and in the few times we've met, we have gotten along pretty well.

Still holding onto Thea's hand, I swing our arms playfully, earning a beautiful smile from her in response as she laughs quietly. "Come on pretty girl," I say as we walk through Luca and Valneina's driveway, into their large house. Valentina is a quiet girl, much like Thea.. sometimes, and she tends to keep herself to herself, not a fan of drama or gossip.

Having only met her a handful of times, I've painted my own image of her and learned that she has been a part of the mafia world her entire life. Her father, Gio Calvetti worked for my grandfather, Alberto on occasion and was close with our family.