21

Date Thy Enemy - Enemy's Property - Together With The Enemy. Buo na outline ng EP and TWTE so I need to keep on grinding! Hehe. Fighting!

Thank you for reading, enjoy!

+++++

Chapter 21
''Guest''

They say a Sarmiento should never even dream of becoming close to the powerful and influential family in the region, the family that treats us an enemy, the De Leons. Because it would be useless, they say. And like an oil and water, the two will never go together.

But for a driven and bold Sarmiento, nothing is impossible. I do not wish to just get close to that family. I wish to enter that family.

And for that to happen, I'm going to date the untouchable man for a Sarmiento.

To date the most uptight and ruthless man in the De Leons.

To date thy enemy.

It is my goal.

Everyday I wake up with determination and goals set on my mind. And these day, finally, I'm starting to go to bed with pure satisfaction. Because little by little the things that only exist on my mind back then, is starting to unfold in front of me. It's becoming a reality from a mere fantasy.

Thursday afternoon, I spent my time on the garden silently enjoying my tea while reading something on my ipad. It's calm and refreshing because it's windy and the sun isn't scorching hot anymore. It was rather peaceful despite my mind being in a turmoil the whole morning remembering that it's already Friday tomorrow.

Because Friday means... Javier's time. And I admit that somehow I've been anticipating it. The excitement it gives me is something I have never felt even though I had my shares of dates before.

Was it because it's Javier?

The enemy I have longed to date?

My phone's vibration and notification sound pulled me from my day dreaming. I picked it up on the table to see what's disturbing my peaceful afternoon.

Two messages popped up at the same time. One text message from my mother, and the other one came from a messaging application. I first opened my mother's message.

Mom:

Vernaise, the school called me a few days ago. They said that your papers and test results are scheduled for pick-up tomorrow at 1pm. There's also a brief interview. Might as well roam and survey the school if you have more time so you can already be familiar with it.

My eyebrows instantly furrowed after reading the text.

Tomorrow at 1pm.

Tomorrow?!

I let out a low grown. Of all days why is it tomorrow?! And my mother just told me today? Ugh.

Me:

Mom, can't it be rescheduled? I don't think I can pick it up tomorrow po.

I don't know why I'm feeling anxious typing my message. And it didn't help when my mother took her time on replying.

Mom:

Why? Wala ka namang ginagawa sa bahay. It won't even take you an hour.

Napakagat ako sa aking labi. If I tell my mother that I have plans tomorrow, of course she'd ask about it. She'd be the one to judge if the reason is valid enough to call the school and ask for a reschedule. Not that I want the school to know that I can't come just because I'm going on a date.