26

Hello, I will probably be able to update this story once a week. Hope you continue to support me.

Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 26
''Forgive''

Time passed by so fast when we're happy. And it slows down when we're not or when we're waiting. I feel like days have become shorter when I am with Javier. I wanted to savour every moment we were together but it all feels like a dream. That when I saw Solenn in between those days, it felt like reality slapped me for real, waking me up.

I didn't know how she knew I was already in Santa Monica because I haven't told her yet. I just woke up one day with her barging inside our property! She was livid! The shock and horror on my face when I saw her was unfathomable.

My guesses before was right, she indeed looked for me in Manila to surprise me... only to find out I'm already here! I explained everything to her, and that's the only time she was able to calm down.

And when I told her I'll be studying here, the next day, she enrolled in the same university!

Now, Solenn and I are not just schoolmates but classmates as well! I even clearly remember how she told me she wanted to be a journalist and now she's taking accountancy with me?! Her decisions always shock me to the core.

''It was what I wanted that day. Now, I wanted to be an accountant, too.'' she shrugged it like it really doesn't matter.

''Rhys?'' I called her brother, wanting to fix the Solenn who's in front of me. I feel like she malfunctioned just now.

Rhys only smiled at me. ''She doesn't really have anything in mind even before. I'm glad she was able to decide now, the opening of classes is just around the corner.''

''Vernaise, we're classmates! Isn't that fun?'' she grinned at me happily like a child.

I shook my head. ''You cling to me like a girlfriend-''

''If you won't take my brother as boyfriend, then I can be your girlfriend!''

''Solenn.''

Nagkatinginan kami ni Rhys. He smiled at me apologetically. I did the same. We both don't know what to do with her anymore.

''Come on, Vernaise! It's boring and lonely without you!'' she groaned exaggeratedly. ''Plus, I love challenges! I think I'd be challenged with the program so I'd give it a try.''

Napailing na lamang ako.

''Whatever suits you.''

Two days from now it's already first day of school. Solenn and I bought school supplies. And while we're on it, she keeps on getting things I don't think she'd be able to use, like those sticky notepads in different colors. She got 15 packs of it. For heaven's sake! Is she building a mini store in school or what?

Rhys picked us up when we were done buying things. Inimbitahan muna nila ako sa kanila bago ihahatid pauwi. And who am I to refuse? Especially knowing Rhys cooked lasagna!

I wore a white polo shirt tucked in a denim skirt for the first day of school. I paired my outfit with my white sneakers and a black casual sling bag, that fits a notebook and a few things, on my shoulder. For the first two weeks we are allowed to wear civilian clothes. But after, we are required to wear the prescribed uniform.

It's still early but the shool's already jam-packed when I got there. Maraming tao ang nagkukumpulan sa iba't-ibang bahagi ng paaralan, naguusap-usap at nagtatawanan.