10

Late update because of some technical problems. Is there something wrong with wattpad? A glitch perhaps? Ilang beses akong di nakakapag-login. My password changed, too. Kahit di ko naman binaguhan. Hope this issue will be fixed soon.

Thank you for waiting, happy reading!

Chapter 10
''Game''

Si Rhys ang gumamot sa konting gasgas na natamo ko. Nasa kwarto kami kasama si Solenn. Nakaupo ako sa kama habang si Rhys ay nasa baba, nakaluhod habang nililinisan ang tuhod ko. Nakatitig lamang ako doon nang dampian niya iyon ng kaunting gamot pagkatapos.

''She pushed you!''

My forehead creased. And there goes Solenn again.

She has been telling me that when we returned to our room. She thinks Helena probably aim for the ball as well to subtly hide her plan, which is to push me in the air, para mahulog ako at matumba sa buhangin.

Nakita ko ang maling pagtalon ni Helena. Pero huli na iyon bago pa ako makaiwas. I don't know if she intentionally did that to cause that little ruckus. But I don't think that's what really happened. We accidentally bumped with each other, causing our fall. That's what I know. Hindi lang naman ako ang nasaktan, pati siya.

And besides, what will be her motive to do that-- ah. She probably hates me... hmm. Now, thinking deeply about it, there might be a possibility for her to do that.

''You think she can do that?'' I murmured to myself. Right. She might have been really offended by me for her to attack me physically.

''There are people who are born nice, Vernaise. But there are people who's also pretending to be one.'' si Solenn. ''I don't know why, but it's clear that she doesn't like you.''

''Of course, she doesn't like me. If I were in her place, hindi ko rin naman magugustuhan ang taong umaaligid sa--''I stopped when I saw her glare. I sighed. ''Hindi mo ba ako tatanungin na baka ako pa ang nagtulak sa kanya?''

If you'll think about it, it's me who might have the motive to do that. Most of them knew how I like Javier. And seeing Javier with another girl, baka nga mas isipin nila na ako ang gumawa noon. I know how anger and jealousy can turn you into a person you're not in a snap. But I won't stoop that low.

''I saw the incident with my own two eyes.'' she hissed. ''At isa pa, hindi mo magagawa iyon. Kilala kita.''

Umiling ako at ngumisi. ''Who knows, I might have planned it out. You know how much I like--'' natigil ako nang magkatinginan kami ni Rhys. ''--whatever.''

He cleared his throat. He looked serious because he wasn't smiling. Naituptop ko ang aking bibig. I was caught off guard when our eyes met. Masyado na siguro kaming naging maingay.

''Tapos na.'' aniya sa marahang boses.

Solenn threw daggers with her glares, while her brother's making final touches, unaware of her sister. I motioned for her to stop talking. Sumasakit lamang ang ulo ko. I focused my eyes on Rhys instead.

''Rest for a while. Huwag na muna kayong bumaba. Masyado kayong nabilad sa araw.''

My eyes followed him when he stood up.

''Thank you, Rhys.''

''Drink plenty of water.'' He smiled at me, ruffling my hair softly. ''I'll check on you later.

Tumango ako. ''Okay.''

Saglit pa silang nag-usap ni Solenn. Bago niya kami iniwan sa kwarto. Solenn turned to me, and when her brother was already out, she started telling me her creative what if's scenarios about what happened, again.