9

Hi, thank you for reading DTE! I really enjoy writing this story. Hope you'll leave a comment after this chapter. Happy Reading, enjoy!

Chapter 9
''Won''

Javier looked lost while watching the wild waves in front of him. I don't even think he noticed my presence. He looks like he's in a deep thought. His brows are furrowed, and his eyes are dark. His whole expression is unfathomable.

I touched his arm, tiptoeing to reach his right cheek. I closed my eyes when my lips brushed against his skin.

''Merry Christmas, Javier.'' I breathe softly, my heart aching with happiness.

He turned around, meeting my eyes. He looked a bit startled. Tumawa ako at mas lumapit pa ng kaunti. Suminghap siya kaya lalo akong napangiti.

''I'm glad you didn't bring one of your girls today, Javier. I don't want to be upset. I've been anticipating this day to see you again. I didn't know I'd like you more on those days where I couldn't see you.''

I smirked when he didn't say anything. Nakatitig lamang ito sa aking mukha sa aking mga mata. An emotion flashed in his eyes, but it was gone too fast, I didn't able to recognize it. What was that?

''Why are you looking at me like that?'' I chuckled.

His eyes held the same intensity. But the way he stares at me feels... different. He's not angry, but he looks a bit distant, and cold. He's not the Javier I usually talk to. Hindi siya ang Javier na palaging galit. Kalmado siya pero parang... malayo. I felt a gap that suddenly emerged between us. And I feel so bothered.

My hand reached for his face. ''Why, is there something wrong--''

''Javier!''

Sabay kaming lumingon sa pinanggalingan ng boses. Nakita ko ang isang babaeng tumatakdo papalapit sa'min. Nilingon ko si Javier nang alisin niya ang aking kamay sa kanyang mukha at pasimple din siyang lumayo.

My eyebrows twitched at the reaction, but did let it go.

''I've been looking for you, Javier!'' the woman exclaimed breathless when she was already in front of us. ''Nandito ka lang pala, wala ka sa kwarto...''

My forehead creased in confusion. Who is she? My eyes raked down to her body. She's wearing a black bikini. She's pale white, a bit taller than me, with good curves, and a pretty smile.

Nilingon niya ako nang maramdaman ang aking titig. She smiled at me. I wanted to laugh out loud when I saw a bit of irritation that crossed in her eyes. What's with that look? I smirked.

''Who's this girl, Javier?'' she asked the question I wanted to ask.

''She's no one.''

My smirk fell when I heard Javier. Saglit na tumigil ang mundo ko nang sabihin niya iyon. I glanced at him and saw him looking away. 

What did he say?

''No one, Javier? I saw how she kissed you.'' mahinhin ang kanyang boses nang sabihin iyon. ''Is this girl one of your obsessed crazy admirers?''

I looked at her, shocked. Obsessed crazy admirer? Gusto kong matawa. I feel so insulted at her remarks. Obsessed and crazy are both such an intense word.

''Naghahabol sayo, Javier--''

''Helena...'' Javier said stopping her from talking more.

Helena. Her name is Helena. Nakita ko kung paano ito humawak sa braso ni Javier. Nakaramdam ako ng kakaiba sa aking loob.