5

Sorry for the errors. Not yet edited. Hehe. Comment down your thoughts. Happy reading, enjoy!

+++++

Chapter 5
''Option''

I sighed remembering that dreadful night. Imagine how excited I was to finally see Javier again, but ends up being treated like one of the person he really loathes. Hindi ko alam kung anong ikinagagalit niya. Hindi naman siya ganon noong una namin pagkikita. He was rude, I think that's already given. I have probably accepted that fact about him. But he helped me still even though we didn't knew each other.

Yet the way he treated me that night, speaks volume. How he called me a liar. How he accused me of things I don't even understand.

It seems like there's something more beyond his actions. I wonder how worse could that be. Is it because I am a Sarmiento? And everyone still remembers that a Sarmiento is an enemy of the De Leons? It has been years! What a shame.

Pinikit ko ang aking mga mata para pakinggan ang alon ng dagat. Dad's still in Manila. My mom's already in Manila for work as well. And Lolo's a bit busy these days, too. Noong nagpaalam akong gusto kong pumunta dito sa resort na pinuntahan namin dati ay pinayagan niya ako.

Mom's right. The sea is somehow relaxing. It's better to hear the sound of the waves than to think of stupid things.

But my mind just can't erase that bastard. There are many men in their family... and I can't believe that among the De Leons, it is Javier who first caught my eyes. I sighed heavily, letting out some steam in my head.

Finally, I feel relaxed. But got disturbed after a few minutes. Isang kalabog ang nagpagising sa mapayapa kong mundo.

I titled my head and saw a girl smiling at me apologetically. She's in another sun lounger, holding two big bottles of... lotion? I saw a lot of things scattered beside her. Halos mapuno noon ang sun lounger na ukupado niya.

''Sorry, I did't mean to disturb you.'' she said nicely.

''It's okay.'' sagot ko at muling pinikit ang mga mata.

''You have a nice skin complexion.'' I heard her say.

Muli kong binaling ang tingin sa kanya. She looked at me with a smile of her face.

''I've been wanting to achieve that color.''

''Thank you. But uh, this is natural.'' I replied politely.

She gasped. Pinagmasdan niya ang kanyang dalawang kamay, wala sa sariling napatingin din ako doon. She had a fair skin complexion that suits her well. I wonder why would she want to tan it.

I have a meduim and almost tan skin tone. I think I got this mostly from my father's side, they are all golden tan. Mom's only the one who's a bit light. And I still inherited something from her kaya hindi rin ako masyadong tan. Just a perfect mixed of the two. But I'm not as white as this girl who look so sad looking at her skin.

''Most of the people in our family have darker shade compared to me. Ako lang ata ang maputi sa'min. Even my brother and cousins are golden tan. And girls love it because they said it really looks good in them.'' paliwanag niya.

''You look good in your shade as well.'' I said truthfully.

''Thanks!'' aniya tila nabuhayan sa sinabi ko. She grinned. ''I'm Solenn. Are you a tourist here, by the way?''

''Uh, no, I live somewhere near here.'' I said, and smiled. ''I'm Vernaise.''

She went near me and we shake our hands. Later, I just found her invading my sun lounger and we she talked about a lot of things, even the most trivial things. I would laugh at her stories and she'll glare at me.