28

I almost forgot to publish this update. Haha. But here it is. Happy reading, enjoy!

+ + + + +
Chapter 28
''Token''

I was peacefully eating my breakfast when a guest arrived. My grandfather, who I was with, set aside the newspaper he was reading. He is actually already done with his breakfast and only accompanying me at the dining table.

''Attorney, si sir Apollo po.'' rinig kong sabi ni Marya.

The name caught my full attention. We usually have lots of guests at home so it isn't really shocking. But it's still too early. Plus it's Saturday. And the guest is Apollo Montecarlo.

My eyes lifted to my grandfather. He wasn't shocked nor startled. Seems like he knew why Apollo's here at this hour. I'm sure he's not here to see me, so it was my grandfather who asked for his presence today.

''Tell the guards to let him in.''

''Sige po.''

I waited for Marya to leave the dining room before opening my mouth to say something.

''Lolo, you should've not asked Apollo to pick up me at school yesterday.'' I opened the topic.

Sasabihin ko rin naman sana ito pero hindi ngayon. I just woke up and got out of bed feeling really hungry. I am not even surprised how famished I am right now. I skipped dinner yesterday so I really do not have the time to talk about anything as of the moment. I focused on my breakfast, taming my growling stomach.

I only remember it when I heard the mention of his name. I can't still get over about what happened yesterday. Sobrang nahihiya ako.

I even had the audacity to fall asleep in his car! And when I found out that it was even him who brought me to my room, the embarrassment made me want the ground to swallow me whole if we ever see each other again!

Good thing that my father isn't here. He'd lose his sanity if he finds out... about the part where a man carried me to my room.

And Javier... is also a different story. But I texted him this morning about that. He didn't reply though. Naisip ko tuloy kung tama ba na sinabi ko sa kanya na si Apollo ang naghatid sa'kin. But then, ayoko din naman mag-isip siya ng kung ano-ano. He bites when he's mad.

My strict and intimidating grandfather only glanced at me once.

''Our drivers were busy. He was there when I was trying to find someone to do an errand.'' he explained. ''I did not ask him, Vernaise. He volunteered himself.''

A grunt almost slip out of my mouth. Thankfully I was able to hold it back.

''He probably volunteered himself because he didn't knew that the errand you're talking about is to pick me up, Lolo.'' I calmly said.

It was so hard to make my voice sound calm when inside, I feel so frustrated. I can't believe all of this.

''I told him after he volunteered. He didn't have any objections.''

''Of course, Lolo, he won't take back his word! Do you expect him to refuse after saying he'd do it?''

''I didn't. I know the young man has principles. He won't disappoint.'' he said, like a proud father. My eyebrows furrowed. ''And stop making this a big deal, Vernaise.''

His strict eyes went back to me to reprimand me. I sighed heavily, counting one to ten to help me relax. If not only for the soft footsteps I hear, I would've said more.

I sat properly when Apollo entered the dining room with grace and his model-like appearance. Our eyes met first briefly before he looked away to greet my grandfather.